Omnipods Dash PDM- Poor battery life?

Has anyone here experienced poor battery life with the Omnipod Dash PDM?

I’ve been using it now for just a few months, and it seems the battery sometimes will drain from 70 to 30% within a couple of hours.

Call me a luddite but I miss the months-long battery life of my old RF-based PDM.

I remember when the T-Slim touted their rechargeable battery as a feature. It was not for me.

4 Likes

I plug mine in every night and have only had that problem once. Found out it wasn’t actually plugged in. I didn’t have the plug in the PDM all the way.

Just received my Dash today. Ugh — not thrilled about having to charge it every single day and add another charging cable to my nightstand to go along with my wireless charger, lighting charger and Apple Watch charger. Boo.

Has anyone found a replacement battery for this thing that has a higher capacity than 1300, which is pretty weak?

1 Like

My dash PDM was going down to 35% battery daily with what I would call light usage. This was with nightly charging. I turned WiFi off and now I can go 4 to 5 days without a charge. Only downside I can think of is not being notified about updates. Maybe I’ll connect WiFI every week or so.

2 Likes

I don’t use Omnipod but I do use a Tandem pump. I love the recharge aspect and have never had a problem.
But I have cords in the car so I charge when I drive. I have a cord by my recliner so I charge when I am on the computer, watching tv or reading. I have a cord in the bathroom so I charge when I shower. I just have cords everywhere so charging is always available.I also have one in my cord carrier that also has a portal charger in my tote bag if ever needed. Sometimes I do charge at work.

Hello all, I know this is an older post but I think everyone needs to know this. The Omnipod Dash PDM is just a NUU Mobile model A1 smart phone running an embedded app. I opened mine up to check the battery and underneath it is the ID label from NUU. If you need a new battery just get a replacement for the NUU model A1 smart phone battery.

1 Like

@Robert9 Has replacing the battery yourself impacted the battery life of your Dash PDM? I am having this same issue with battery life – and I have tried 3 different Dash PDMs now (all sent by Omnipod as replacements). I really like the slimline Dash PDM and the touchscreen, but the battery life is appalling. So much so that I’m on the verge of going back to the old PDM and pods.

I contacted NUU Mobile and was sent two new batteries free of charge. The replacement battery is only down to 94% after 8 hrs. My old battery would charge up to 100% and then run down to 40% after only 45 min’s. What I think is a shame is that rather than design and build there own custom PDM, Insulet decided to buy a bunch of older cheap smart phones, have all the phone and camera functions disabled and installed their app on it and are passing them off as a medical device, They probably paid just pennies apiece for these things. That’s why they can afford to send a replacement PDM instead of a new battery. Also, They probably don’t want people opening up the back and discovering what these things truly are.

I have had several defective batteries. They keep replacing the PDM! I would think they might fix the battery. They told me the battery on Ominipod 5 is a different one. I am REALLY unhappy with the dash and would love to go back to the original omnipod but they no longer make it