Our Canadian Rick Hansen's 25 th Anniversray Relay from Eastern Canada to the West ...Man in Motion ; living with spinal cord injury. 2 Insulin pumpers have been choosen to partake!

The e-mail I received today , after coming home from volunteering at the local SPCA ...great news .I used similar story used when carrying the Olympic Torch 2010..." diabetes made me do it" :

Hi Difference-Makers!
A while ago, you had applied to our online contest to be a Medal-Bearer in The Rick Hansen 25th Anniversary Relay and you’ve been selected! We are wondering if you would still like to be a Medal Bearer! Please email or call us before Friday, March 16, 2012 to let us know if you can be a part of the relay, otherwise unfortunately this relay spot will be offered to someone else.
Participating Community: Salmon Arm, BC

Date: April 4, 2012
You will be asked to carry the Rick Hansen medal for a distance of approximately 250m. Your friends and family may walk or wheel beside you as you complete your segment, as long as they can keep up with you!
Once you are in touch with us, we will let you know more about what to expect on your special day.
Please let me know if you have any questions. We look forward to having you in the relay!
All the best,
Mami Shimada
Assistant, Program Planning - 25th Anniversary Relay
Rick Hansen Foundation
300-3820 Cessna Drive
Richmond, BC V7B 0A2
Desk: 778.296.1547 (10am-4pm PST)
Cell: 604.754.9363
mshimada@rickhansen.com
www.RickHansenRelay.com
Follow us:
twitter/rickhansenfdn
facebook/rickhansenfdn

Thank you for your comment Bec on the Canada site !!....as I mentioned previously : Diabetes Made Me Do It. An update by phone yesterday,followed by detailed e-mail (here in short form :) )For those in my community and beyond , Salmon Arm :
" Date: April 4th 2012
Your meeting 9:45 AM PDT. Your meeting location: Shuswap Middle School,171 - 30th Street SE, Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4P2
THE DETAILS OF YOUR RELAY SEGMENT
Starting Along: 11th Ave NE.From: 1640 11th Ave NE . To: 881 16th st NE .On: 16th St NE
Approximate time of your segment: 11:57 AM PDT.Your Medal-Bearer number is: MB 225-018

Please tell your family and friends to look for this number on the route marker at the start of your relay segment.You will be carrying the Rick Hansen Medal for a distance of approximately 250 metres.

We invite you to share this information with your family and friends so they can join you by cheering you on during your relay segment!

Due to the complex logistical nature of the Relay we cannot support any change-requests to your Medal-Bearer segment.
The opportunity to carry the Rick Hansen Medal is a special honour that is made even more memorable by the unique, limited-edition items that you will receive.
At the meeting point you will receive an official Rick Hansen Relay uniform created by Nike. This uniform is only available for Medal-Bearers and will be an iconic piece of this nationwide journey. The uniform consists of a lightweight yellow jacket, dark pants and a toque. You will also receive a commemorative medal produced by the Royal Canadian Mint. This medal is a symbol of appreciation and recognition for "Difference Makers" and encourages you to continue on your journey of creating positive change in the lives of others " .
Lots of pictures on Rick's FB ...there are a total of 7000 Medal-Bearers Canada wide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtNjvpAwxI4&feature=youtu.be&hd=1
Does it work ??

Participants names posted in the Salmon Arm Observer Paper ... 2 insulin pumpers amongst the choosen ones !!! And a party is planned in front of Salmon Arm's City Hall , April 4

http://www.saobserver.net/sports/143656666.html