Ozempic Reviews

Hi everyone, I am looking for people who can leave a review about Ozempic, my doctor wants to prescribe me Ozempic in a Canadian online pharmacy. But I don’t like its side effects - Ozempic Side Effects, Everything You Need to Know. Is there anyone who is currently using Ozempic and could write a short review, I am also considering Wegovy, Mounjaro.

I’m on Mounjara, and have no side effects at all. I am still on the 5mg dosage, and in 2 months have dropped 28 lbs. My Doctor wanted me to start on Wegovy, however it is backordered almost constantly here where I live. The Mounjara starts at 2.5 mg, and you work up from there depending on if you can handle it. The Mounjara works a bit differently than the others, so may be worth taking a look.

I was originally REALLY worried about side effects, but so far, so good.

My Endo put me on Ozempic in March. I took it 6 weeks and stopped it. Did not even get up to the therapeutic dose. It completely stopped my digestive tract from working. Severe constipation, nausea to a lesser extent.Worse my eGFR drooped from 72 to 56 in those 6 weeks. I have only one functional kidney after a botched cancer surgery. Bad situation for a diabetic6 months later and I’m still trying to get past the impact it had. I wish I had said no to start with. My A1C has been in the 5% for years. I lost 30 pounds from Jan to Apr (on purpose sticking to a very tight meal plan) so I didn’t need the “weight loss” help. He is a new Endo and first time I saw him. Looking back it felt more like Ozempic is the current thing to do for type 2’s. When I stopped it the carb cravings were the worst ever. I’m glad some people have good results but I think there needs to be way more studies on the long term impacts of this class of drugs.

2 Likes

I had a very bad reaction to Ozempic. I would not advise anyone to use it. There are lots of reports of people getting gastric paresis from it. I have this and it is not fun. Do not take it. Why not ask your dr to prescribe insulin instead. I am on insulin now and am very happy with and take Jardiance everyday. For the life of me, I do not know why drs have to try all these different meds first, before insulin. They tried half dozen different meds with me, starting with metformin (which is useless). Go straight to the insulin, you will be much happier.

I am type 1 and have been on Ozempic for a couple of years (not sure how long - was on Trulicity and Victoza before that). No problems at all!

1 Like

I’m on ozempic i am a T1D and have been on it for a year. I had no side effects but I have only lost 10 pounds.

1 Like

I don’t want to discourage you but Ozempic made me sick as a dog. It wasn’t at first either, which surprised me. I have a veeeerrrry sensitive stomach though. I am also a senior, so maybe that had something to do with it. I know others who take Wegovy and Ozempic for weight loss and they are doing fine. Also, I only lost 10 pounds in a year’s time despite eating a lot less than I normally do. If it had just been nausea, I think I could have handled that but I had a lot of pain and dysfunction in my intestines and colon. Best wishes.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me, I have only taken 2 of the .25mg doses.
My insurance covered the cost of Freestyle Libre3. This would help a lot of people see what is causing their blood sugar to go up.
Caffeine even from unsweetened tea or coffee shot it up, exercise with a heart rate of over 110bpm almost immediately starts to drop blood sugar.

1 Like