People dont under stand

why do people try tell you how to eat what to eat and talk to you like they know everything about diabeties and you try to explain to them that some food are ok to eat and try to change your eating diets

Well, Tabac, I don't know. People don't tell celiacs how to eat, they accept their limitations, but not ours. I think it is just one of those annoying things you have to put up with.

And nutritionists are the worst.

I think a big part of the problem is that all the diabetes awareness states that it's a "myth" that there's a "diabetes diet" because people with diabetes "can eat anything." I think this has probably gone a long way to making people feel like you must be being overly strict if you choose not to eat certain things. I wish diabetes was treated more like allergies or celiac where, if you say you can/can't eat something, no one (usually) questions you on it, and people seem to take both of them more seriously than they do diabetes.

Ya gotta love the diet police they in their own mind are trying to be helpful. Most don't know that they are annoying the crap out of you. The whole world thinks they understand what PWD should eat and very few actually do.

I just overlook most of them and I like the ones that look at your plate and just shake their heads at least they don't say any thing.

She was right in her own mind, wasn't she?, Cheese scones have no extra sugar added...Ya-know just like sugar free cherry pie...;-)