Planning to try an arm site!

Fantastic!!!!!

It was just under the waistband of low-rise jeans. Kind of halfway between being on my side and being on my back. Maybe more "love handles" than hips?

Claire:

(Funny, my sister's name is Claire!)

If you had a sensor on for 33 days, then you are the person to answer this:

WHAT ADHESIVE DO YOU USE??????

Full disclosure: I'm not Clare. :D

I typically remove mine after 2 weeks, but I can definitely see that mine would last a month if I wanted it to. I use Skin Tac on the sensor adhesive before inserting it and a Tegaderm sheet (with a hole cut in the center) over the top. When I wore it on my hip, the Tegaderm would get kind of ratty looking after a while (5-6 days), so I would peel it off and replace it. Thanks to the Skin Tac, if I was careful I could get the Tegaderm off without causing any trouble to the sensor.

It's Clare (without the i) and I use a sheet of 4" Opsite Flexifix from day 1. I place the sensor after my morning shower and use an alcohol prep. Then I put the Opsite over it with a hole cut out for the transmitter. I don't get it wet again for another 24 hours. I think this helps with the adhesion.

Full disclosure Elena - I am Clare and I think Lawdawgz was replying to me about wearing it 33 days.

Sorry, my brand of humor doesn't always translate well on the internet. I knew that, I was just being silly when giving my reply. :)

No worries - how did the arm site go for you ? I really like it there and get the longest wear out of it in that site.

Accuracy was kooky at first but it seems to have settled down. I was at the Diabetes UnConference this weekend and saw several people wearing their Dexcoms lower down on the arm, closer to the elbow than the armpit. I think I will try that next time.

As for comfort, it's perfect. It doesn't seem to get in my way at all for sleeping, exercise, etc.

I have a question and this has nothing to do with putting the sensory on the arm, My daughter, last night finally attached her Dexcom to start using it. After calibration, within 45 minutes an alarm went off suggesting she was hypoglycemia; she tested and she wasn't. Again this happen during the wee early morning hours when she was sound asleep. She is frustrated now and wants to quit using the Dexcom CGM, though it's not even been 24 hours since she started with it. Any suggestion on stopping the alarm from continually giving false alarms?

Also, my second inquiry is how to "get friends" to be able to post comments on this site? I am posting on your tag and know my comments really don't help you..... Thank you.... "MOM"

Thanks! I think there is another user on here who posted a video about how to measure the Opsite Flexfit. If it can help keep a sensor on for a month, then it's definitely worth it! I'll try to find the video link, but if anyone one else can post it here, please do. Thanks again!

Just my thoughts:

1) Attach it at least 12 hours before going to sleep, so that you can do all the calibrating it needs in the first 12 or 13 hours while you are awake.

This also gives you time to get used to it, and it time to get used to you, before you go to sleep.

2) You can turn alarms to 'vibrate only' mode in the ALERTS section. The only 'sound' alert that you can not turn off is the "55 or under" alert.

3) This is just my opinion, but the Dexcom is a 100% better cgm than the medtronic cgm. That one needed SOOOOOO much attention that I hated it, and when I saw a friend using the Dexcom, I said, "Time for a Dexcom."

What I'm saying is that the Dexcom, in my opinion, is really the easiest, least hassle cgm out there. I would tell your daughter to at least give it a week before she 'gives up.'

Thank you for your excellent thoughts. I will pass this information to my daughter!