Please Report TuDiabetes Website Issues

When I’m logged in and at the home page and click on the “view all topics button,” then when that page appears it appears with a “login” button and I don’t see some info like the blue dot number info. It’s as it appears when you’re not logged in. When I click back to the home page, then I’m logged in. If I’m not logged in on that view all topics page, I cannot see a topic that I just posted. It disappears.

i meant to report this too. so now I just click on one of the topics instead of clicking on the view all topics button

1 Like

It has been reported that new members (those few who have just joined) are having their email pop up in their username at times. We will correct this immediately.

In my profile it says I was diagnosed July 1st 2099. Correct info is July 1st 2009. It says I joined Sept 10 2010, correct info is more like Oct ?, 2009. Join month and date area little fuzzy but the year was definitely 2009. Glad to see the login issues seem to be fixed

Well, behind the scenes there was a problem which created this time warp. There is actually a place where I (as an admin) could fix this and I moved your diagnosis from the future back to 2009. But from the records you actually did join on 9/10/2010. That being said, there are some a bunch of deeper problems still remaining with the WP/Discourse integration of which this may just be a small symptom. The biggest one right now is that profile editing is “broken.” I help that @Emily_Coles and @neillll can take a look at this. When members go to their Preferences and try to select Edit Personal Information they get a page not found error. The field that BadMoonT2 is referring to that has an error is presumably a self descriptive field that he should be able to set and correct using this option.

Another part also continues to be broken, and I really can’t find an excuse for this taking so long to fix. When I go to the home page, the site with the 6 topics up top and chat below it, I am logged in. The box up top right says “Log Out” meaning that I am in and it shows my avatar.
When I click on “View all Topics” that page always has me logged out (message: Log in). When I click on ‘Log in’ nothing happens. The page stays the same. No log in option appears.
OK, going back to the home page, if I click on one of the 6 topics, such as this one, then I remain logged in.
Do the respective Discourse and WP owners have no assistance for you guys?
And, I am also one of perhaps hundreds who would like to edit my profile. But the log-in thing should have been fixed by now, in my opinion. Much of the onus has to go to the Discourse and WP admins/owners.

1 Like

Just saw the exchange with Terry4 and Marie. It does not help to just click on one of the 6 topics as you still can’t get to the complete list of topics. As far as I know. When you do, being logged out, you can’t reply to anything.
And, I know Marie is away and am very sorry about her loss of her mother.

I have the same experience. I click on one of the 6 topics and then click the hamburger and click “latest”. then I check out “unread” for topics I’m following and “new”. thanks @Nell1 for your kind words.

I have found a very convoluted way to stay logged in from WP to Discourse. On the home page (WP), select My Page. On My Page (WP), go to the pull-down menu on the right next to your personal icon and select Latest. You should then be logged into the forum on Discourse. So far, it works consistently for me. Good luck.

2 Likes

I see what’s wrong and will fix today.

EDIT: fixed

I just tried to edit personal preference and received a “page not found” error. 9:29 a.m. Pacific Time.

@neillll can you please take another look, given @Terry4’s comment? I’m not sure if you editing your post to “fixed” just before or just after Terry got that error message. Thanks!

The “fixed” edit appeared before I experienced another iteration of the problem.

:sob: :weary: :confused: :triumph: Darn. @Terry4, have you tried it again since then? If not, please give it a try and report here if you get the same error again.

The login/logout issues between the two platforms are our top priority to fix. I know they’re causing a lot of frustration (for me, too) and I’m sorry for my lack of communication with you all about what’s going on behind the scenes on these issues!

We’ve had developers working on this since last week, and it’s apparently much more complicated than those of us without much technical background could possibly imagine. As of last night one of the developers working on this has reported some progress, but we don’t yet know if the issue is completely fixed or not. Personally, I’m not having the same problems I was having previously with being logged out of Discourse when I navigate there from the home page.

Are you all seeing any improvement, or still having the same issues?

1 Like

Emily - I just tried it again and it works! The bold formatting html code “strong” appears instead of the bold text, however. I just undid the bold formatting to keep it simple. I redid my personal info; hopefully Discourse won’t eat it this time. :wink:

Once all the heavy lifting is done, can we revisit the name issue? I’d like to remove the 4 after my name.

1 Like

The login/logout issue seems to have disappeared for me.

1 Like

Emily, I am still having the same login issues.

1 Like

Unfortunately the fix will only be seen in your browsers if you reload the page (ctrl-R on Windows, or cmd-R on Mac).

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. You’re right, I didn’t reload my page before I tried it again.