Please Report TuDiabetes Website Issues

That is correctamundo!

Thank you!! This worked!

@Emily_Coles perhaps you could add how to do this on the FAQ page for others?

At the top of ā€œmy pageā€ is a block that has information like when I was dxā€™d etc. How do I edit that information? The FAQ indicates you can change your profile in the ā€œpreferencesā€ tab, but not everything showing on my profile page is in there. For instance, Iā€™m using a different insulin pump now, but I donā€™t see any way to update that or anything else in that block.

weā€™ve become aware of this bug and are working on getting it fixed asap.

Thanksā€“didnā€™t realize it was a bug; I thought I just couldnā€™t find the link!

@Tapestry, Iā€™d love to! But I donā€™tā€™ know what youā€™re talking about. What worked, exactly? Itā€™s not clear to me from reading back through this threadā€¦ Thanks!

@Emily_Coles on the preferences page, thereā€™s a field named ā€œTitleā€ - click on the pencil and you can choose one of your badges to be used as your title, or no title can be chosen.

@Emily_Coles
Sorry, I should have been a lot more explicit! I had noticed that a few members had their Type next to their name and I asked Thas how he did that. His response is quoted above; Brian answered me as well. The information that is next to a members name is selected from what is in the Title field. All I had available was Type 1 or LADA, but someone else might have more and/or be able to select multiple titles.

I thought if I didnā€™t know how to put that (Type 1 or LADA) there perhaps there were others who were in the same boat as me and if you were to include how to do this in a FAQ list or a how to list, it might help another member.

Again, thank you for all of your hard work as well as to all of the staff who have been working so diligently with the migration and beyond. Itā€™s much appreciated.

1 Like

Well, I can finally delete SOME of my own old posts. Iā€™ll be happy when I can delete anything I posted. Period.

It is unlawful for anyone else to publish MY content, yet I canā€™t go in and delete these posts. There were my posts, I already deleted them and now they are back up on the web.

This is even stated in your rules: Post Only Your Own Stuff

You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someoneā€™s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.

@Emmy, Iā€™m sorry you are not happy with the changes. This version of TuDiabetes works in some fundamentally different ways and it will take some time to adjust. We tried very hard to let people know for months that the concept of groups would no longer exist, but that the vast majority of the content of groups would still on TuDiabetes. You should be able to edit your content as well as your profile although remain some restrictions due to ongoing work.

As to questions about ownership of content, copyrights and what TuDiabetes and DHF can legally do with your intellectual property this is discussed in carefully considered detail in our Terms of Service (TOS). If you have specific issues with the TOS you could contact @Emily_Coles. If there are particular examples of content or profile editing problems that you are having we would be happy to look at it.

Hi, Iā€™m posting about blogs. Now on the new TuDiabetes, we donā€™t have a place for member blogs other than their being mixed in with other postings on Share Your Stories. Having a Blog Section for blogs selected from around the internet and nothing specific for our member blogs really downgrades our member blogs. That Blog section (not yet populated) could be divided in two, one for Member Blogs and one for Internet Blogs. Honestly, TuDiabetes blogs have included some great writing, stories, ideasā€¦ I think itā€™s a terrible mistake to scatter our old blogs around and have no specific place for new ones. Some other websites have mentioned our blogs: Alltop Diabetes has listed them; Diabetes Daily mentions them; now nothing. Iā€™m so disappointed about this issue.

I have had numerous specific conversations with the team on this issue. There was a specific decision to not support the hosting of full featured blogs themselves on TuDiabetes, particularly the rich types of blogs supported by Wordpress and Blogger. That being said everyone seems to agree that we actually want a place where our members can share their personal journal of their travels through life having diabetes. Right now, you are right, topics posted in Share Your Stories are mixed up, but the development team is working to address this so that we can view a single members posting without it being mixed up with others. In the meantime, members who really want to blog are being encouraged to sign up with one of the blogging platforms and then post highlights and provide links to the full blog as @Blankieboy (aka Rick) has done.

Brian, thanks for your reply. Hereā€™s a follow-up question: DBlog week is coming up soonā€“can we post DBlogs here in Share Your Story?

I know that we can create our own websites, like Rick, but itā€™s not really feasible for some of us (like me). Just as a practical matter, I wonder if a blog that I write in the future will be welcome, whether DBlogs will be welcome. Thanks.

I frequently cannot post a new topic, or a reply. I cannot find the button to make the post. When I try to scroll down to find the button, only the background page scrolls. What am I doing wrong?

The button appears occasionally, but does not appear the majority of the time.

I do not understand this system
Help !
No communication on chat just now
It stopped while saying something

The Discourse system has you bring you mouse over the topic of the post text and a reply toolbar will appear. I hope that is helpful.

Shoshana, before we can try to help I think we need to have some idea of what you are looking for help with.

I canā€™t help at all with chat. I rarely use it. I know @Emily_Coles and others have been working on improving it, but I think chat is still a work in progress.

Have you read Emilyā€™s post where she attempts to walk through some of the basic steps for using TuDiabetes now that it is using the Discourse platform? If you have not, then please try to do so. Here is a link you can use to reach it: Getting started on our New Website!

Are you having problems with anything Emily addressed in her post? Or is it something else?

1 Like

Of course you can write a blog in the Share Your Stories section. The only thing is you wonā€™t be able to use all that fancy formatting you might have on other platforms. A blog is supposed to be a journal where each of us can write about our journeys through life with diabetes. What we called a ā€œblogā€ and what we called a ā€œtopicā€ was always confused in the old TuD. Here you can simply create a topic in the Share Your Stories and write a blog. It is welcomed. Actually, I would say it is very welcomed.

1 Like

It appears that uploaded content (beyond images and videos) did not get ported over. This means that pdf and powerpoints didnā€™t make it over. Can we fix this?

Last few days I am getting a message pop out of my Firefox at top left after the back arrow. It asks something like: Would you like notifications from www.tudiabetes.org?

I think it is a Firefox thing. Does a Firefox person know what it means, that is, what kind of notifications do you think it means? The icon it comes from looks like a bullhorn. If anyone knows that term!