Pod Disposal

Is anyone NOT using the Insulet Ecopod Recycling program? Both of my girls use the pods and we get them from Byram, not from Insulet. Therefore, we have to pay shipping both ways for the bags in addition to the $8/bag.

How are you disposing of the pods if you don’t use the recycling program?

I’m not…I signed up as interested when Insulet first announced the program as upcoming and never heard back. So, I lazily let it drop. I recycle pretty religiously around the house, don’t use disposable water bottles and other containers often, so throwing out one pod every 3 days does not have me feeling too guilty. One of these days I will get to it…

I don’t use the recycling program. Honestly, I put old pods in a ziplock bag and toss’em out. I try to take the batteries out and recycle those, if I can…

Didn’t think about the batteries…good idea.

I just throw out the used pod when I’m done with it. I use it until it’s out of insulin so I could be anywhere during a pod change and I can’t be carrying around used pods all the time!

I hold onto my used pods no matter where I am when I change pods. It could be in the car, at work, at the mall - wherever. I wonder if you could send your used pods directly to the recycling company using standard FedEx packaging? I have the name, address and phone number of the company if you are interested.

By the way, I think the only thing that is recycled is the batteries. If I remember correctly, the rest of the pod is ground up and sent to a landfill.

that’s what I remember too, which is why I save the extra bucks and take the batteries out myself, recycle them and then toss the pods!

I need to get on the pod disposal program. I was just thinking this weekend that I need to call Insulet tomorrow and find out what I need to do. Its easy to just throw them away but its not very eco-friendly…

Thanks much for the feedback! I appreciate it.