Powering up in the morning before work

Powering up in the morning before work

I was reading a blog on Diabetic Fatigue, www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/Blog/Flas… Since getting my blood sugar levels down to normal and restricting my carb intake, after being diagnosed with type II diabetes. My body has gone through some changes I didnt expect. I was feeling lightheaded early in the mornings and becoming forgetful and making dumb mistakes from the lack of concentration.

I knew right away it was linked to my Diabetes. My body was not getting the fuel it needed to function normally, when I tested my blood glucose during these times it was between 90 and 95. Still within the normal ranges, I felt like my blood sugar was low and my body was saying “Hey something is wrong here”. So instead of waking up with a cup of coffee, I would drink a protein drink first. I also packed a few extra protein shakes in my lunch so that I had them available if I started feeling lightheaded. I also would eat two or three pieces of fruit during the day to help me stay active and alert around 110 mg/dL. This routine has helped me considerably at work and at home. If anybody has any other ideal for staying sharp at work, I would love to hear them.

Something to keep in mind is that when BG has been high for a while coming down to more normal levels feels like a low. Takes our bodies a bit to adjust to normal readings.

I agree with Gerri. I had this same problem a couple of weeks back, but now I’m pretty much used to it. The advice I received (and followed) was to target normal ranges & pick up a pack of glucose tabs just in case. You can read the comments on my blog here.