Pregnancy and Pre-Existing Diabetes: Seeking People to Interview

Hi,

I post here every so often and now it’s official.

My book, “Healthy Mom, Healthy Baby: Balancing Pregnancy with Preexisting Diabetes” recently sold to Demos Health, a division of Demos Medical Publishing. I’ll be writing the book this year and it is scheduled to be published in early 2010.

It’s an insider’s guide to pregnancy with pre-existing diabetes – type 1 and type 2 – and I’m including the insights of real women about all aspects, from trying to conceive, to pregnancy, to delivery, to the early days of new parenthood, as well as information about infertility and
miscarriage.

If you’re interested in being interviewed for the book, know someone who would be interested, or just want more information, please email me at Lyrehca@gmail.com and I will be in touch when I start doing interviews for each chapter.

About me: I’ve lived with type 1 diabetes for 31 years and have worked as a journalist for nearly two decades. I blogged about my own pregnancy at Managing the Sweetness Within
(www.thesweetnesswithin.blogspot.com) and my son is almost two.

Writing this book has been my longtime goal. I am thrilled that it’s finally coming together and would love to talk to you about your experiences, insight and advice.

All best,

Cheryl (Lyrehca)
Managing the Sweetness Within (www.thesweetnesswithin.blogspot.com)
www.CherylAlkon.com
Lyrehca@gmail.com

Congrats! There is a great need for this book!

You should check out our Oh Baby group!

Cheryl-
I sent you an email regarding your book. Congratulations!
Erin

The TuDiabetes Administration has approved this request from Cheryl.

Best of luck with this effort and please keep us informed about the progress with the book! Echoing Kristin’s comment, there is indeed a great need for this book.

Yeppie! I wish this book was created when I was prego 3 years ago

I sent you an email, too, Cheryl.