Questions about CGM's (control glucose monitor)

This thread was created for people to ask questions.

I was simply answering questions, your actions are very immature.

I love to see young people active in the community! I hope you donā€™t interpret this thread as not being welcome here or that your opinions donā€™t matterā€¦ They certainly do.

Iā€™m going to STRONGLY recommend that you that stick with facts, though. Unfortunately, you lose credibility and appear ill-informed when you make things like ā€œcontrol glucose monitorā€ up. I can guarantee you wonā€™t find that phrase in Medtronic documentation.

I think you would have been better received, and will be in the future, if you use ā€œcontinuous glucose monitorā€. Otherwise, itā€™s hard to ask questions of you.

3 Likes

I am curious about you. You donā€™t need to answer any of my questions but doing so may help produce the kind of discussion that I think you seek.

• Please share a little about yourself and diabetes. How long have you lived with diabetes?

• Do you use insulin?

• Do you use a CGM? If so, for how long? Have you tried more than one CGM brand?

• If youā€™re using a certain brand of CGM, why do you think it is superior to a competitorā€™s brand?

I think sharing some details about yourself could help get this discussion back on track. I, for one, am interested in what you think about CGM use and how this technology has helped you.

Iā€™m a little curious about what it means to be an embassador. Are there special requirements or training involved? Were you contacted by Medtronic because of an extraordinary testimonial. Did you already have a social media presence beforehand?

You can check the link in my previous post, which describes it.

Thank you very much, I understand I made that mistake. I have made a new thread on a new forum.

I am a 16 year old who goes to Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school and I am a type 1 diabetic. I have had diabetes for almost 3 years now. I do use the CGM and I have tried the dexcom but I did not enjoy it. The CGM has helped me a lot and I am on the 670g Medtronic insulin pump. My feelings were originally on and off about the pump until I got into auto mode and since then I have felt to healthy and my a1c has been great!

1 Like

There is training. They contacted me for reasons I prefer to keep to myself. I have been on social media, but becoming an ambassador got me more involved on forums and Facebook.

So youā€™ve lived with diabetes since you started high school? Thatā€™s real double trouble. Do your classmates and school friends have any idea about this other full-time job that you do every day, your diabetes management? High school and diabetes, kind of hard to pair up two more challenging situations. I was diagnosed T1D when I was 30; I would have been a terrible diabetic at 16!

Glad to read that the 670G is working for you. I read so many comments about it, both good and bad. Automated insulin delivery is amazing technology.

Iā€™ve never used a Medtronic CGM so I have no experience with it. I started on the Dexcom 7+ system back in 2009. One of the best things I ever did for my diabetes.

I started pumping insulin on a MiniMed 504 pump in 1987. Medtronic bought out MiniMed in 2001. I use a MiniMed 722 now as part of a Loop system.

By the way, since youā€™re in Florida, did you see the SpaceX Falcon9 launch tonight?

All of my friends do know I have diabetes but most forget because it is never really an issue and they do not see me do anything for it, mainly because Iā€™m on a pump. It is good to hear that you have been successful with the Dexcom and MiniMed. I happen to not have seen the launch, I was not paying attention on time.

1 Like