Re-using Lancets?

I use them only once for insulin. Then I use them as lancets.

Hey, whatever works!

As long as your hands are clean when you use them might as well use them for a while. I change mine out one a week or so

I love Multi-Clix. I only change the lancet when one of two things happens...it isn't drawing blood or it starts to really hurt when I test.

I use an Accu-chek Fastclix, which is similar to the Multiclix. I only change my lancets when someone else wants me to check their BG (usually my father). Also, I hated the Multiclix--the Fastclix is less annoying to use in my opinion.

I think I once changed the lancet because it hurt--and I think I'd been using that lancet for about six months. I've definitely learned bad habits, but my supply company doesn't carry the lancets anymore and they're expensive. I'm thinking of asking my endo for a box the next time I see him so I can change them once a week or something.

whats different about the fast-clix than the multi-clix that you like? I’ve only seen pix of the fast-clix, I thought they were virtually the same.

I use the one touch delica and rarely change it out lol. Usually one of those "when I think about it" situations but it's usually once every few months or something. My fingers look like crap but I've never had issues from it really?

lol.. omg.. not sure if I could do that, but a friend who has prediabetes mentioned that she wanted to just use the lancet that way without the lancing device.

I think the one touch ultra fine lancets are finer than my fine pen needles and syringes.

I had a 100 box of lancets for 12 years. It still had a good 20-30 in it. I changed lancet devices before I finished the box. I don't plan on buying a new box for the new device, just going to use the ones they provided at this point. I only change lancets when they start to hurt or leave marks on my fingers. So far I have been lucky and not gotten an infection. I don't understand why you are supposed to toss after one use. That's just a HUGE waste.

Yeah, true, everyone has their preference.

That is great you can do that Zoe!

Somehow I just didn't click with multiclix, however, if you're re-using the lancets in the drum then it would be better than what I'm doing.

I think the drum is bigger than my lancets though, they're tiny compared to the normal ones.

But I really notice a difference in pain if I use them too long and I get bruises on my fingers etc. I'm super sensitive and I notice it even more with syringes, after 3 x or so it doesn't go in so easily, still syringes tend to be less painful than pen needles for me, but I rarely use them to inject. Most of the time I hardly notice them though.

I have taken a pic of all my pen needles and lancets after the first few months, but not pen cartridges.. have to find it and post that here.

Yes, I can’t really tell if they are dull either Scott, I do change them out if I’ve made my husband test to do a BG comparison though. I’m glad I read you don’t have to change them every time like I used to, one less step and expense!