Restart G6 Sensor?

Tried another G6 restart method that worked. This time I waited for the current 10 day session to expire before trying to restart, because I knew I did not have time for the full two hour warm-up before expiration. For this one, you obviously lose continuous reporting of numbers during the restart. But that’s OK because we are on the last sensor and the next shipment is in the mail.

1. Let your sensor expire.
  2. Start a new sensor session and choose “no code”. You do not need to remove the transmitter.
  3. Let the warm-up session start and run for about 15 minutes. I set a timer on my phone.
  4. After 15 minutes, STOP sensor. It may warn that you cannot start a stopped sensor, but this is not true.
  5. Start another new sensor and choose “without code”. (You will need to calibrate with this option, but the sensor will still restart.)
  6. The sensor will warm-up for two hours and start giving readings after

That’s it. It worked. I understand that if you have a code, You can enter it only for step 5 and it will still work, I just didn’t have my code so I used the no code option. Happy resetting.

8 Likes