Sewing Tutorials for Adding Pump Pockets to Kids' Clothes

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a series of sewing tutorials for adding pump pockets to kids' clothes. Today I posted a tutorial for adding a pocket to leggings or bike shorts. The link is below. I hope someone finds it helpful. :)

http://www.ebethwyatt.com/2013/10/secret-pockets-part-1-zippered-patch.html

Sandi

Hey, thanks for this! I've been using a template that a friend made for me to make pockets for the backs of my son's shirts, but it never occurred to me to make a YouTube video of it. Good move. And, of course, now that he's getting bigger, I've been contemplating what to do about adding pockets to clothing other than shirts (since I no longer have to worry as much about him fiddling with his pump) and this will prove very helpful.

Hi Elizabeth,
My son will be starting the pump next week and he is 11 years old. Can you share your template and how to make pockets for shirts? Or would it be the same as above? Any help would help!
Thanks!
Mary Jane

You are very welcome :) I will be posting more pocket tutorials as time allows, so hopefully there will be others that you find helpful as well.

Hi Mary Jane, If you click on the image of the templates in the blog post, you can download the PDF. :)