Snacks

I am bored with my snacks. What do you eat for a snack. I need it low fat. Thanks for any ideas. Nancy50

I like this post. I just got gifted a used toaster oven. It is the best thing that ever happened to snacks.

This isn’t gonna sound great - but the trick to veggie snacks is diversity. So, I make ziplock bags full of discount produce. Strange, unknown vegetables are the best.
Those are common at the discount food store.

Radish, whole mushroom, bok choy, and cherry tomato mixed bag.
Carrots, water chestnuts, beansprouts, and those mini yellow, green, and red bell peppers.

Try some of the mystery foreign vegetables. If you don’t know what it is, it will be more exciting.

I really like this humus or dill dip

2 Likes

Mmmmm, I used to love the Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus and would dip baby carrots in the jar for a snack until I realized I was gaining weight due to this delight because it has 130 mg sodium and 70 calories per 2 tbsp serving and it is really tough to stop eating once you start.

3 Likes

More,that is a wonderful idea. I never thought of doing roasted veggies as a snack. I use some dips for lunch. Thank you. Nancy50

Laughing cow cheese is so good. especially with roasted vegetables

1 Like

Baba ghanoush (kind of like hummus, but made with eggplant) makes another good veggie dip. Devil some eggs. Just light with the mayo (I use a little cream cheese mixed with mustard instead). Olives. Dill pickles. Pickled anything. Stuffed celery. You can stuff it with peanut butter or pimiento cheese you make yourself with low- or no-sugar mayo. Why is commercial pimiento cheese so SWEET? And of course you can get low-fat cheese of various varieties. Jicama is a favorite veggie of mine. O

Love humus, roasted red pepper. Also olives,black and green. Not a big cheese eater. Great ideas. Thanks! Nancy50

I love the mixed veggies roasted idea! We have a bunch of “foreign” veggies here I am slowly trying.

I have marinated seitan I will grab a slice of. I always keep some in my freezer and micro a minute to thaw a piece. I like to grab my Yves bacon and add a little mustard onto a couple of pieces and fold or I roll up a couple of slices of tofurky sometimes with FYH cheese slice with it.

If you love olives! But be beware, not low calorie or low fat. I love olives!
But a small can of chopped olives, diced celery, a small amount of mayo; optional: small eraser sized pieces of cheese (in my case fake cheese)
Great on crackers, celery, wide slices of bell peppers, sliced cucumber or any other of your favorite veggie I’m sure! Also makes a nice sandwich.

I am aware they are high in calories and fat. Still love them! Nancy50