So, I did something very nice for myself on my biological birthday this year!

It just happened to be on my biological birthday, but I did a 5k walk for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation at Dodger Stadium this year!!! I was so happy to do this on my birthday, too. My friend and her three grand-daughters joined me, as well!! I met my goal and then a little more! And then just two days later got sick (I’m sure the two are not related!!). Now I look forward to World Diabetes Day and plan to wear light blue. In fact, one of my friends gave me blue earrings and barrettes that match! I told everyone that day, “I’m a 39 year Type One diabetic walking for a cure!”

A cure! Wouldn’t that be nice? Or maybe I’d be a little scared? I’m holding out for stem cell research from our own stem cells. I think it is the best chance. I read an article a few years back about 13 out of 14 diabetic patients who were off of insulin for two years!!! See, that sounds good to me!!!

Okay, I can’t sit up any longer, being sick and all, so EVERYONE LET’S WEAR LIGHT BLUE, TEST IN THE 14 MINUTE CHALLENGE, AND SPREAD THE WORD TO GET RID OF THIS VERY, VERY, VERY ANNOYING DIEASE!!!

REBECCA (BECKA) RODICK {:smiley: