So quiet

As you all know it’s Diabetes Awareness month and Kansas City is as quiet as the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse. Sorry I have thoughts of Christmas dancing around on my brain.

Anyway, I’m going to the American Diabetes Association office tonight for a recap meeting on the Step Out walk we had in September. I plan on bringing up the question of why they are not having any events this month. I’m hoping they will say “No Andrea we have things planned you just didn’t know about them. We are having…” (On a side note I do need to put some pep in my step and call a lady who is interested in sponsoring an event next year for Diabetes Awareness month.). If they don’t have anything planned then I am definately going to ask how can I help them get something planned for next year.

I’m going to stop complaining and just keep plugging along. Something is bound to change and if I make enough noise someone is bound to pay attention. I’m seriously thinking about running an ad in a couple of the local papers inviting those who are interested to come and network with other diabetics. Hmmmmmm…I just might do that. I’ll keep you posted.

Until next time wish me luck and many blessings!

Andrea B.

Way to go Andrea. A “can do” positive attitude will take you far. Too many people wallow in their own misery but you set a great example of someone who’s going out there and doing something. Thanks!