Starting Fresh!

It's been so long since I've been back on Tudiabetes, and since a gave two crappies about my diabetes or about anything health wise. With a recent visit to the Dr,'s and a new very upsetting A1c, the realization that I'm only making my time on with earth and with my loved ones much shorter hit me, I knew something had to be done!

It all started December 2010, right after my wedding. I was on a 'life' high and I couldn't be any happier. The last thing I wanted to deal with or even think about was my diabetes. I didn't want any of hassle of testing, carb counting or any of it. I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and didnt give two crappies about what anyone said or thought. I started noticing that my clothes didnt fit right and were a little too tight, but I'd always tell myself " Whats a couple of pounds? If I put my mind to it I can loose anything I gained in a couple of weeks, right?" Wrong!! Not till much later did I notice that I had gained 20 lbs!

A 20 lbs gain in a matter of 5 months! I was at my heaviest weight and very unhappy. How could I let myself get to this?? What was I thinking? I must of had a death wish! But I came to the realization that I CAN do this! I CAN make things better for myself. I WANT to be able to look back at my life when I'm 70 and say " You know what? Yes, I messed up way many times than I can count, yes I had too many burgers and fries for me to be considered healthy, and yes I skipped out on workouts but my life has turned out pretty damn good!!"

So as of last month I have lost 9 lbs, I exercise daily and I test a minimum of 4 times a day! And I have to say, if it wasn't for this website and other diabetic bloggers, I might have not found the courage to take back control of my life.

So I have decided to keep blogging, I want to be able to look back at my life and see how everything turns out, I think that would be fun and even maybe something I say with help others out. I mean at the end of the day that why websites like this are successful, we all have a special bond that links all 200,000+ of us together, and we all kind of push each other to take better control of the purple monster called diabetes ( its purple cuz that how I see it in my head......with a long orange nose and reeaaallllyyy ugly teeth........yaaa......).

That's it for today folks and questions are more than welcome.!

Hope all of you guys have a fantastic day wherever you may be on this earth:)

Love always,

Lama