Still new

So I was diagnosed in June of 2006 when I had to immediately go to the ER because I was experiencing sleepless nights, severe back pain, yadda yadda yadda. That is when they told me my sugar was over 700.

I have had very little education in the matter except doing my own research online and trying to control it by myself. I have never been part of any group events or participated even remotely close to any other diabetics.

I say all this to invite people to speak about how they deal with diabetes on a day to day basis. Going over some of the older discussions; I feel a little better in knowing that alot of the pains of diabetes is not only experienced by myself.

Thanks,

Look for friends.

Hi,
you’ve definitely come to the right place. I’m constantly learning new things here although I had solid diabetes education after diagnosis. I can only imagine what it’s like having to figure everything out for yourself. Scary!

Welcome!
You are in a safe place and community with all of us experiencing what you are and have been there. Feel free to ask questons and rant if you need to!
All the best,
~Carrie

Thanks to the both of you. Its kinda nice this morning as I had all these people (including you to) sending friend requests. I have only been a member for 1 whole day and the response has been great. Thank you again for the open arms.

Hi Dean,

Welcome! You certainly are not alone. Wonderful, helpful & caring people here.

Sure this isn’t of much consolation, but I went through diabetes education given through the local hospital. The sessions I attended were worthless! I learned more on my own & from Tu Diabetes than from my doctors, from the diabetic ed classes & from a CDE, whom I went to once. I was taken to the ER with BG of 809 by my husband–how I got diagnosed.

Looking forward to getting to know you.