Stress eating!

Holidays, pregnancy, and final semester of nursing school has thrown my healthy eating pattern way off track! Over the last few weeks I have found myself using almost double the insulin I previously used. 19 weeks pregnant with my fist baby, and between my growing child, and the stress of everything else, I crave and want something often. Finding myself snacking way more the usual. Anyone else a stress eater??

Oh heck yeah, usually the mindless kind. I have a cookie and it was good, then I get chatting with someone about something that gets me excited or riled up and I grab another for no good reason other than I'm kind of wound up. So knowing that, I try to keep healthier snacks around...think nuts, cheese sticks, veggie chips, baby carrots, turkey jerky. If you've got to have something sweet, honey roasted nuts (not as much carb as you'd think) or some berries with a sprinkle of Splenda. If you have snack-size portions of this stuff portioned out in Ziploc bags ready to grab, it makes it much easier to avoid overdoing it. Sometimes I get the munchies too when what I really need is some water. Plain water is blah but I like squirting a few Dasani drops in there. No calories, no carbs, no sodium even! Hope this helps...