Suppliers for Omnipod?

Currently, using the Minimed 715 pump and I am switching to the Omnipod now that my warranty has expired due to the fact that no one will know I have diabetes with the Omnipod because of the tubeless feature. Very excited about this. Unfortunately, with my insurance, test strips are expensive through Walgreens and my pharmacy benefits. As a result, I have been getting my test strips through my DME (durable medical equipment) benefits from my primary insurance. However, the Omnipod store doesn't sell test strips and I don't want to get the test strips through my pharmacy benefits. Anyone using a good distributor for the omnipod that also has the free style test strips and will take BCBS insurance? I have used Edgepark before a few years ago but I read on other posts that they are having supply problems for Omnipod.

I use Edgepark for my Omnipod supplies since September 2012. I haven’t had any problems getting my pods or teststrips from Edgepark at all. I haven’t started on the new pod yet. Maybe it is the new pod that they are having problems with. I do not know. All I know is I am in love with the omnipod. I have been using the Needle method for sixteen years and the Omnipod is my first insulin pump and like I said I am in love with it. Good luck with your omnipod. I hope you have as much luck with it as I have had. Happy pumping!!!

Just a quick note..Edgepark DOES have the new system, but "only for new users" just like Insulet says.

I seem to recall that Freestyle offers a $15 program but I have not used it. Maybe this is a link to it - I copied it from someone else's post?

And, as far s the strips cost, call Abbott about their program to provide strips at $15 per month. They will supplement your insurance to make the strips no more than $15 per month for your cost.

http://www.fasttestsrips.com/co-pay.html

My insurance requires me to go through Edgepark. At first they were not able to supply my strips but it turns out they were using the wrong code.
I had to get the insurance rep for our company involved to get it resolved.

Insulet sends my test strips with my pods, and everything is covered 100% under my primary health care DME insurance. Apparently insulet just started doing that this year. They called me in january to see if I wanted to start getting my strips through them.
Else I got all my strips through home order under my express scripts insurance, which is MUCH cheaper than going to the local pharmacy.

Now that you mention it, I did recently get a call from someone at Insulet named Steve (??) who wanted to know if they could supply my diabetic necessities.

COUGH COUGH a PDM... ;)

j/k

haha! Shall I get his number for you?

I heard something yesterday, dunno if its true or not regarding the release date...I wanna find out for sure before I post it here though

I used Edgepark for just my pods and had no problems with them. Due to an insurance change I now get my pods and test strips through Direct Health Care Services/Edwards Health Care Services. I haven't had a problem with them yet either.

I use Liberty Medical with United Healthcare/Empire insurance & I pay nothing for any diabetic supplies. It's amazing.

I have BCBS through General Motors in Michigan and I just called 14 DME places trying to locate a distributor. Only 2 can fill the order. One doesn't carry in stores but can ship and the other is several hours away so can only ship. This isn't funny. No sooner had I moved my prescription to a new supplier than they said they were no longer carrying ANY diabetic supplies. Pretty soon no one will be supplying these strips, if I can't find a supplier that will take my insurance I will have to drop using the pod. :-(