Survey

1. The illness I live with is: Type I diabetes

2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2007

3. But I had symptoms since: past six months, maybe more :o

4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: watching and figuring out what to eat, and making myself check my sugar and eat on time

5. Most people assume: i can’t eat sugar

6. The hardest part about mornings are: figuring out what to eat and figuring out how much energy i have to make a meal

7. My favorite medical TV show is: scrubs and House (sometimes)

8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: my cell phone or laptop

9. The hardest part about nights are: is turning off the tv to go to bed

10. Each day I take: insulin and some other stuff

11. Regarding alternative treatments: find it interesting…

12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: none of thee above

13. Regarding working and career: want to have a job that allows me to check my sugar and treat a low

14. People would be surprised to know: i reuse needles HA and i love diabetic humor jokes, especially chuck norris

15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: the balance of living a life with no regrets, but the kind that doesn’t hurt my freedom to be me and hurt my over all health to be free

16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: eat candy and junk food

17. The commercials about my illness: soooo cheesy, but fun to life at

18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: overindulging in chips and salsa or my fave candy, and not worrying about not feeling good as i go about my day (i go back and forth sometime)

19. It was really hard to have to give up: mountain dew and double choco cookies and blizzards

20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: very knowledgeable about diabetes

21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: eat what i want, exerise hard, and sleep in

22. My illness has taught me: life sucks and that sometimes you can’t be “the perfect” diabetic

23. One thing people say that gets under my skin is:telling me what i should and shouldn’t do, i’ll do what i damn well please be it good or bad.

24. But I love it when people: offer me sugary food even though they know i’m diabetic, or when they insist that there food is diabetic friendly and it really a) taste bad b) isn’t really friendly c) is very very bad (aka goood)

25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: God will not allow anything to come into your life that you cannot handle.

26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: read everything in site, question everything, and figure out what works for you and only you

27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: how expensive the disease really is

28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: my friend took his mothers bday present of a bear holding a gift and he wrote insulin on the gift, and then gave it to me.

29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: i didn’t know i was invovled… i guess i am without knowing it, it’s like i’m invisible to the fact that i’m invisible to it. hahahaa

30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: wonder how bored you are, cuz i know i am. I’m going to watch shark tank now!

I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying reading these; hmm, maybe I am a little boring…

Nah … we’re not bored. Just wondering whats going on in ur head. … and really ur thoughts are the same ones that run thru my head sometimes. None of us are “the perfect Diabetic” and anyone who claims to be is fooling themselves. You just be the best you can for that day. Take care Domo.