Survey

I think I may have done something like this before but oh well, lol.

1. The illness I live with is: Type I diabetes

2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2001

3. But I had symptoms since: I never had symptoms, at least not that I was aware of before I was diagnosed

4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: Remembering to check my bg levels, bolus accordingly, and calculating what I eat

5. Most people assume: Suger will be the death of me

6. The hardest part about mornings are: I don’t normally eat so a lot of times I don’t check myself in the morning or bolus but I’m working on it!

7. My favorite medical TV show is: E.R, Scrubs, Grey’s Anatomy, House… does Bones count? lol

8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: My pump, my laptop, and my phone

9. The hardest part about nights are: Adverting my munchy cravings, lol, prednisone makes you want to stuff your face even after you just ate a whole Thanksgiving dinner

10. Each day I take: Insulin and all my anti-rejection medication

11. Regarding alternative treatments: Seem to good to be true as interesting as they sound

12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: Neither, lol

13. Regarding working and career: I’m a domestic engineer so it I can’t say it has effected me in that area

14. People would be surprised to know: I collect toys, lol

15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: Basically accepting it has been the hardest part

16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: Make me strive to better myself and the way I take care of my body

17. The commercials about my illness: Are so cheesy

18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: Not having to check myself so often but it’s part of life now

19. It was really hard to have to give up: I really haven’t had to give anything up, I’m still free to do what ever I want when ever I please, I just had to make a few life style changes (that I’m still trying to work on… hey no one said it was easy)

20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: Making my own pump/meter/phone pouches, lol

21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: Who says I don’t feel normal? :stuck_out_tongue:

22. My illness has taught me: Life is what you make of it, you can either make the most of it or be miserable, I decided to make the most of it :stuck_out_tongue:

23. One thing people say that gets under my skin is: People telling me how their diabetes went away and they don’t know why mine hasn’t…

24. But I love it when people: People try to be thoughtful by getting me sugar free candy, lol

25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: What ever doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger

26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: Don’t freak out, look up information on it, and if you have any questions or need advice I’m but an email or phone call away

27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: How demanding of my time and effort it is

28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: They rented DVDs and made me dinner

29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: I shot who in the what now? Invisible illness week… I wasn’t even aware of such a thing, perhaps that is why they call it invisible, lol

30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: Like a dork, ahah :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly. This has always been my motto and I vowed to never ask such a demoralizing question such as “why me?”