Tandem X2 T:connect error

The past few days I have been getting this message on T:Connect phone app. Anyone else seeing this ?

“Unable to reach T:Connect Cloud”

1 Like

I had this problem for several weeks didn’t know what to do so I ended up calling tandem. You have to totally shut the t slim pump off takes 35-40 seconds and then turn it back on. fortunately you will retain almost all of your data but you will lose any insulin on board. At least it worked for me.

Yes, over the weekend I had the same issue. It eventually went a way.

I just speculated there were some implementations over the weekend that might be causing the error, but really don’t know.

I didn’t take any action to fix.

I’m still getting today, started several days ago.

I will try the shut down, which I had to do last month when called Tandem support for another error. Only had Tandem 3 months, hope this isn’t a frequent thing to reset pump.

I had it for several weeks and then it went away. Although I had that message, my pump data was still transferring successfully to the Tandem site.

Not meaning to hi-jack this thread, have a slightly different symptom / error, that I am sure I can get answered.

Is t:connect application available to users outside of the US market?

As a Canadian user, I get an error popup claiming:
[t:connect Uploader: Error 5 - We’ve encountered a problem with the account associated to this pump. If the problem continues, call Techincal Support at 1-877…].
Thankyou very much!
Tech.Support advises as a non-US based user, must use Diasend / Glooko, who were supposed to call me back to day, but did not.

Question: is t:connect software only approved in US market?

Based on tandem website, yes, only for US.

I primarily use app, but once uploaded, my endo can review my data if I need advice.

In the past month, I have run into a problem with t:connect. Mobile that caused me trouble of a couple kinds.

Two weeks ago, I received an alert from Verizon that I was out if data allowance. Now, ever since the “pandemic” started, my wife has had me stay in the car while she goes into the grocery store, because I had a couple of health incidents in the last year that left me immuno-compromised in her opinion. So, while she is in the store, I sit in the car and use my iPhone to read email, play games, read the news, etc. so I wasn’t all that surprised when I got the low-data alert. We stopped in at Verizon and upped our monthly quota from 1 Gb to 5 Gb. And, I quit using things that had significant data needs while away from WiFi.

Yesterday, I got another low-data alert. The entire 5 Gb had been eaten up! So I completely shut off cellular data on my phone and started investigating (I’m a retired Cybersecurity Engineer with 40+ years of experience - it’s in my blood now). I found out that the entire 5Gb of data in the month was consumed by the t:connect app. My action: deleted t:connect off my phone and added it to my iPad (it stays home, safe within my WiFi, no cellular service).

Has anyone else had heavy cell data usage by t:connect?

I have my T:Connect app Settings set to not cell plan, under data control.
So only uploads with wifi.

Never that much…normally around 100mb.

I haven’t noticed mine use so much data but I usually only run the ap when I want to download the date I don’t leave it on all the time.

I had the same “cant connect to cloud” and messed with it for several hours. Then decided to go to (Android) play store and there in big letters it said update avail. Clicked yes, after restarted phone and all is well.