Tech talk: New PDM and Mac users

I thought about a cheap used netbook off eBay or something like that. Any idea of their timeline for a Mac compatible version?

I believe that the issue regarding the omnipod driver is that it is based on a 32 bit system. The Mac OS systems are 64 bit. Now a tech person at abbott said that they are also having problems with the Window 7 which is also a 64 bit system. Maybe, just maybe, when they fix the issues with windows 7 it will also allow the Mac OS access to download information from our Omnipods. This was told to me about 2 months ago so their are no guarantees, only hope.

All we can do is to keep calling Abbott with our complaints and be added to their list.

Thanks and be well,
elliot

Hi !

I am Andy. I am software developer in java and project leader of GGC (GNU Gluco Control) Software which is used for diabetes management. In last years we started adding support for different devices (pumps in last year). We usually contact companies of such products direcly to get some minimal supoort (protocol data, exported data or anything), but so far we had problem contacting omnipod (at least we got no reply from them).
As I have seen in previous conversations, you want to first save data, and then create GUI to see that data… GGC can provide you with the GUI, but I would need some support with importing data. I am willing to work with anybody who is willing to give us any help. I am not OmniPod user, but I would like your device to be supported in GGC…
Anyone can contact me here on tudiabtes and we can talk more.
Andy