Telephone inquires

Telephone inquires

You have to love telephone service issues. Today I had to call my internet service provider twice. They were friendly, welcoming and happy to hear from me. They wanted to call me to call back , present me with a survey, judge my content with service and test if I was a happy customer.

Everybody was helpful and nice, but no one could solve my problem. Does that sound like diabetes sometimes? Our CDE’s tell us exactly what to do how to adjust, when to eat, what to dose, new meal suggestions, but it is not really the answer. Our doctors devise perfect situations, they think of diabetes like a machine, put x carbs in, cover with y insulin and everything will be ok. It is like customer service without the request for a survey.

Today I got this telephone call from an insurance company. I had a claim I inquired about a few days ago. So this automated system called me and asked me this batch of questions about my service experience. It was the never ending survey. The more they talked the more frustrated I became. Sure I had been given good service and I started the survey so I could reward the person who took care of me. By the end of the never ending call my happiness with the company had switched to anger. I was like, please leave me alone. My 5’s were turning to 1’s even as I still liked the service I got.

What if diabetes telephoned me and asked survey questions every day? A daily check in if you will. Suppose it’s representatives called every day at 10AM I can imagine the questions. Hello this is diabetes calling, will you take a few minutes to answer three simple questions?

On a scale of 1 to 5 where 5 is the lowest satisfaction and 1 is the highest, how would rate your diabetes activity in the last 24 hours? 1 2 3 4 5

How would you rate my blood sugar control of your life? 1 2 3 4 5

How would rate the number of times I interfered with your life? 1 2 3 4 5

Finally, and thank you for the wonderful help you have given us: Are you upset with the way I am messing around with you? 1 2 3 4 5

Thank you for your responses, remember we will call you tomorrow so you can answer more questions. This has been your friendly diabetes, if you want to talk call me anytime at 1-800- no-cureyet. Or follow us on the web at www.nocure.com (love you babe).

I believe if that happened, I would answer with plenty of 5’s. But then again my service provider just went again and I am a little upset. Go figure !!!!!

hi rick........when this happens to me i yell STOP TALKING .YOU'RE GIVING ME A HEAD ACH or YOU'RE MAKING ME DEAF & SHUT UP.......LOL