Thanksgiving Dinner BGs

Yup, came up on his own. 113 straight up arrow in fact, go figure!
Life is good and unpredictable! :)

Good Job.

Luck is always better than skill.

You got the kind of results I was expecting. Strange for me though after Thanksgiving dinner I was at 139 then that night I was at 219. That was disappointing for me.

Wish I had your control.

What do you mean by square wave bolus; haven't heard of that.

OK I have to ask; How did you stay so low?

Sounds like you made smart decisions for yourself.

Good job and the pecan pie sounds like a good choice.

Good job; the apple pie looks delicious.

LMAO, great recovery.

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like as a whole everyone did pretty good.

one of my worst days ever. ate about 2 PM and didn't bolus enough and then went into 300-land later in the evening and over corrected. woke up at 2 AM with a 44 and needed my husband's help to get something to eat. and of course over ate cookies and woke up with a 242. I feel terrible physically and also mentally beating myself up for being so stupid at every turn. oh, and the food wasn't even all that good, except for the cookies.

It all went to hell for me! 3 hours after a virtuous Thanksgiving dinner - turkey, mashed turnips, quinoa stuffing, brussel sprouts, a couple of tablespoons of mashed sweet potato and a baked apple for dessert - I was at 125. An hour later, I was at 167. Corrected and 2 hours later I was at 205. It took another full correction + 45 minutes walking up and down the stairs to get back to 116.

I was fine overnight and woke up under 100 but still if I'm going so high I might as well go for the pies :-)

Maurie

Two hrs after eating, 102. I had turkey, green beans, squash, sweet potato, peas, corn, farro stuffing, homemade whole wheat roll, and home made apple pie, the pie crust was made with whole wheat flour. Type2, no medication control by diet and exercise.

115 2 hours later!! Success!!! Woohoo!!

I over bolused too for dinner. Ate salad, turkey ( no stuffing and little gravy) green beans, sweet pots. and cherry pie ( it wasn't that good) . Two hours later, 158. Back on track today !!!!

I did not overbolus. I did not, in fact, take insulin. I ate a serving of green beans, a green salad, turkey. I skipped pie, potatoes, stuffing, and cranberries. While I'm reducing prednisone, my Lantus is a bit too high, and while I'm reducing it, too, I don't reduce it on a daily basis, just every 3 days, and it just happened to be high enough to handle the green beans and salad. That plus the racing up and down stairs among my 3 ovens to handle 13 people's appetites. I tested at 83 morning, afternoon, and night.

Ate every carb I wanted. Started at 87, peaked at 206, and slowly back down (even with bolus) to 136. It was worth it.

Lucky you I remember those days.