The dread G6 session-restart block is here

Thanks for reminding me that I need to read about how to do this. I have to rebuild anyway. I’m trying to lay this out in a summarized way. If I made a mistake, please message me directly and I’ll change it. If you have tried a method and verified it was or was NOT effective, I’ll make a note of that next to your name.

Quick Summary - Sensor restart documentation

G6 8GXXXX “Firefly” Transmitters

Reset Documentation:
Cannot currently be reset. Identified by 5 characteristics including a, “…bump/hump…where the word ‘DexcomG6’ is printed.” Docs here. (See 4th section)

Tu Users
DrBB

G6 80XXXX Transmitters

The following 4 methods have been successfully VERIFIED by Tu 80XXXX Users…

Reset Documentation:
Method 1.) XDrip+ trick “Enable Engineering Mode”/“Hard Reset Transmitter” Method.
Method 2.) Saving the tab that has the code number and UID code on it. I start a new session with no code, wait 15 minutes, then stop and start a new session, and enter the code via a new picture from my iPhone.
Method 3.) Faraday bag method - Using the restart method from SeeMyCGM – turn on the receiver, do new sensor on the receiver, put it in a Faraday bag for two hours, take it out and wait a few minutes. See Option 1 at this Link.
Method 4.) Spike Configuration. Spike Link. FB Spike Group Link. Its believed that NightScout must be installed prior to Spike in order to perform restarts.

FIND DOCUMENTATION LINKS ,mohe0001!!!

Tu Users:
Fred_E (firmware version is v1.6.5.25)
NancyR (iphone, no Dexcom receiver)
Marie20 (current 80 user, future 81 user; iPhone user, Spike configuration in method 4)
Edward_Reid (current 80 user, future 81 user, no pump. Android user. Dexcom G6 user. T1 52 yrs. Recommends Method 3)**

G6 81XXXX Transmitters

Reset Documentation:
Method 1.) The 15 min, no code Method (see 5th section) wont work. Tricky one.;
Method 2.) XDrip Method

Tu Users:
Paytone (purchased transmitter in June, firmware version is v1.6.5.25)
mohe001 (Loop Omnipod v1.10.0DEV, purchased transmitter in July, firmware version is v1.6.5.25)
Edward_Reid (future user)
Marie20 (future 81 user)

G5 Transmitters

Reset Documentation:
G5/G6 reset docs

Tu Users, also Medicare (just in case theres a hardware variation. Shouldn’t be, but stranger things have happened):
CJ114
Dave44

G4 Transmitters

Reset Documentation:
None required
(Unless your using Loop? Then see No Receiver Restart Method below???)

Tu Users:
Terry4 (Loop MT with Share enabled G4)
MM1 (G4, XDrip)

Other users - unspecified

BradP - Omnipod Loop, XDrip
Jason99: Unknown
Trying: Unknown

T-slim users and ‘Old option 2 Method’ aka BT Unpaired Method aka No Receiver Restart Method for avoiding the trauma check ----Reset documentation--------> Here

Transmitters

Transmitter RESETS: Resource 1
Transmitter BATTERY REPLACEMENT: Resource 2

Fred_E transmitter battery replacement notes:

Replacing the battery does NOT reset the transmitter… Here are simple instructions for using XDrip+ to reset the transmitter to 0 Days…

In XDrip+ Android do the following right before you “Stop Sensor” in preparation for replacing the sensor and getting rid of the transmitter with the dead battery:

a) Hit the little Eyedropper icon on the right side of the XDrip+ main screen… This will take you to the “units” screen. Hit the little Microphone icon on the “units” screen and follow the prompts and speak the words “ENABLE ENGINEERING MODE” into your phone’s microphone. Sometimes it’ll misinterpret what you’ve said and it’ll think that you said “and able engineering mode” or something. Keep repeating these instructions till it understands you and says “Engineering Mode Enabled – Be Careful!” on the bottom of the XDrip+ main screen.

b) Once you’re in Engineering Mode, do the same thing as you did in step a), except say “HARD RESET TRANSMITTER”…

c) Then, go to the “System Status” XDrip+ screen and wait up till 15 minutes for the “Transmitter Days” to reset to 0…

d) If the “Transmitter Days” doesn’t reset to 0 in a maximum of 20 minutes, repeat the previous steps…

NOTES

mohe001 tried Terry4’s No Reciever Restart Method and found that Dexcom app threw a “Transmitter not found” error message after performing the, “Forget/delete Dexcom from Bluetooth list in phone’s settings.” Option to Stop Sensor was available, No option for “New Sensor”, enter code, “Start Sensor.” Since the phone was no longer communicating via BT with the transmitter, everything went bad until I inserted a new sensor and the phone was able to locate it. Loop v1.10.0DEV
The next, new sensor was started conventionally and failed (suspected software related failure) within 2 days. Dexcom app/Tidepool showed sensor age to be _______.

1 Like