Thigh success!

I’ve been pumping for many years (started with the Minimed 508) and I finally went outside my comfort zone and used my upper thigh for an infusion site…holy success!!! I’m sure it’s not for everyone but if you’re thinking about it, give it a shot.

3 Likes

Wondering if it was upper inner thigh or outer thigh? I am constantly looking for new territory and have tried the upper outer thigh but I always run higher so my absorption must be less. I have just yesterday been thinking about inner thigh.

1 Like

I’ve had more success middle to inner thigh

1 Like

I have also had good success with both inner and outer thighs. Any spot that has some pinchable skin, it’s fair game!

1 Like

Upper thigh is my favorite pod sites, either outer or inner. I use a barrier (tegaderm) and find the skin on the outer thigh is less sensitive so tend to prefer that.

Has anyone tried a Dexcom CGM on the upper thigh? Seems like if a Pod works there a CGM would too. T1d for 43 years so always looking for new sites.

I wore my CGM on my upper thigh for 10 days. It was fine. I prefer using my stomach, but I will probably use my thigh again.

I have used inner thighs with G4, and now G6 with good results. Also use back of upper arm.
Stomach used for pump infusion sites only.

Thanks. I will give both a try in the coming month.

Tried insulin via tslim twice (2 x’s 3 days) on inner thigh. I found I ran higher than normal so will not use that area for insulin.

Then tried G6 CGM. Worked great! Now on 3rd on left leg after first 2 on right leg. Before I started I did some exercises and found the patches of skin that did not move much. Still needed skin-tac though. Nice to have my stomach just for insulin now.
One thought - have to go through TSA In 2 weeks. Will make sure the next sensor is on my stomach to a solid any of their ‘personal’ touches😧

1 Like