To Pump…or To Omnipod?

Hello everyone, I’ve been on the animas ping pump since November and love it. Out of every experience, I honestly think pumping has been the one thing that has truely changed my life the most.
But when I got started with the pump I had an insurance company that obligated me to choose a pump with tubing. I have a different insurance provider now and I’m curious about the omni pod.

I’d love to hear from some OmniPod users. What is the Good bad and the ugly when it comes to the Omnipod insulin pump?
Thanks

I’m just curious: what do you like so much about the Ping? (I was on the minimed for several years and didn’t really like it, so I went back to shots. I’ve been looking at the pod and the ping. Since the ping is so new, I haven’t seen too much on here about it, and just wanted to get an idea of your experience with it.)

The Omnipod is my first pump, so I have nothing to compare it to. But I absolutely LOVE it! I couldn’t imagine being tubed all the time and disconnecting for showers, swimming, etc. I love that no matter what, I can keep it on. No need to disconnect or take off! It’s become a part of me, now. I rarely ever remember I have it on!

You can request a trial “pod” on their webpage. That’s what I did. Wore if for 2 days and took it off. I didn’t like it. I kept catching it on stuff and it was very visable under my clothing. But some people love it. You should request the trial pod and see how you like it.

I was a MM user for years - it broke, I tried Animas as a trial for 3 days, and have been on omnipod for 2 weeks. Mr. Omnipod is coming home with me next Monday when I go to the Endo.

I was against Omnipod at first, but I’ve had nothing but pleasure with him these past 2 weeks. I love the no tubing, being able to have my meter right there on my PDM and best of all, I can sleep without strangling myself since I apparently move all around according to my better half. He said one night the pump was at the foot of the bed and I was curled up in a ball at the head of the bed with the tubing wrapped around my ankle. In addition to this I’ve switched from the MM CGM to the Dexcom CGM and it seems to stay in place better for me. In the future there is talk of it being added to the Omnipod. I can’t wait for that! :slight_smile:

Thanks Cara, I’m going to do that!