To recover from Eating Disorders...what is it like?

Dear all,

I am interested in the process of recovery from eating disorders (EDs) among people with diabetes and I would like to make a research on this topic for my psychology degree dissertation.
My idea is to do qualitative interviews with people with Diabetes who have experienced and recovered from EDs ( incl. Bulimia, Anorexia, Diabulimia, Binge Eating, officially diagnosed or not) asking about their experiences of recovery.
Recent research has suggested a high correlation between Diabetes and EDs, but not much has been researched on what helps people with Diabetes recover from EDs.
What do you think about this topic?
Do you think there will be people out there willing to participate and share their experiences?
Any comments would be greatly appreciated :)

Teo

If you prefer to contact me through e-mail, it is tv0557@bristol.ac.uk

I'd be glad to e-mail and discuss this with you Teo, though I may not be the target population you want. I suffered from an eating disorder for 35 years but had been in recovery for 13 when I got diagnosed with Diabetes. The Diabetes did, however, bring up a lot of issues around food as I had to, in some circumstances, do the opposite of what I'd learned in my recovery! I've also worked with a lot of others with eating disorders, though not with comorbid Diabetes.

In general, I think this is a great topic for a dissertation. Friend me if you want to talk more 1:1
Zoe