To up tight

look people,the way that we are acting in the community with this discussion will make a new member afraid to join the group,we are all in this together.so be happy
odessa

oh dear now that high school musical song will be stuck in my head. starts to sing we’re all in this together.

melissa
thank you

MMM i agree with you. Sometimes i feel many people on this board take things a little too personally and get hurt by things too quickly. Yes this is obvious a personal matter, but other than a a medical thread, it’s all opinion and how other see it. Now i’m all for educating people with misconception, but not a difference in opinion. If doesn’t hurt me or mine, argument is healthy.
I’ve read people jumping down “so and so’s” throat because he said “this and this” and now how offensive it is. Then someone defends “so and so” and on… and on…
We’re all stubborn, have opinions and no one’s perfect, let lone me, but lashing out says a lot, none too good either.

Plus this community is about coming together, to put away certain differences, not pit one against another.

i agree!! it saddens me that now there are going to be people who are afraid to post their thoughts and emotions. that’s what this website is for…sharing our feelings on how to get through this disease!! i say post away on whatever you may be feeling. it’s healthy for all of us to get things out every once in a while. so is this going to be the third thread shut down by admin this month??

Let’s have fun and hijack this thread instead. Who wants to join me?

Here’s are a few of my favorite bumper stickers:

Gravity; it’s not just a good idea, it’s the law
My son is inmate of the month
Bad Cop, No Donut
Honk if you`ve never seen an uzi fired out the back of a car window.
Don’t like my driving? Then quit watching me.
Jesus is coming. Look busy.

;

One day a farmer’s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.

Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn’t worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone’s amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer’s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up.

Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.
Free your mind from worries - Most never happen.
Live simply and appreciate what you have.
Give more.
Expect less

NOW …

Enough of that crap . … The donkey later came back, and bit the farmer who had tried to bury him. The gash from the bite got infected and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.

MORAL FROM TODAY’S LESSON:

When you do something wrong, and try to cover your â– â– â– , it always comes back to bite you.

(I posted this on my Home Page here today to hopefully give people a laugh - hope it did the same for a few of you - hee! haw!)

1 Like

Funny. I like it!
Thanks for sharing.

I love it. Thanks for sharing.

I’d like to think a good analogy for this group is the stone soup story I remember hearing as a kid. Everybody contributes a little and it turns into something wonderful.

Hey, lighten up, will ya?

Okay Terry, here’s another one:

Two guys are sitting at a bar. One starts to insult the other one. He screams, “I slept with your mother!” The bar gets quiet as everyone listens to see what the other will do. The first again yells, “I SLEPT WITH YOUR MOTHER!” The other says, “Go home dad you’re drunk.”

LOL - speaking of bars … badda, bing, badda, boom …

Q: What did one fly say to the other?
A: “Pardon me, is this stool taken?”

hey anna kiff and yvonne
great laughs//thank you//
odessa

hey branden
i have been type 1 for 30yrs,and your statement ,this disease is not for the weak or the thin skinned , i would agree with you because it is not easy living with this disease and it get harder everyday.so i do understand what you’re saying.

Do you mean what we are experiencing is a disease? I thought this might just be another; roadblock to overcome(positively happy thinkers), or a lesson from the messiah(religion), or possibly a culmination of our bad thoughts(the farce of attraction believers).

I guess it really doesn’t matter what it is, what we think about it, or even what anybody else thinks we think about it, we live with it whether we like it or not. It’s like a piece of furniture in my home, it’s just there; nothing emotional, just acceptance of it’s existence.