Top Ten Silly Things to Do to As a Diabetic
- Take your Medical ID tag to a bead shop and get pretty-girl beads to replace the chain. Ok – it can be macho beads.
- Take your Medical ID tag (mine opens for more information) and put a fortune cookie message in it. (MY paramedics now know how to say potato in Chinese)
- Find the HIGHEST sugar content soda bottle in the house and make it your sharps container. (mine is Mountain Dew)
- Replace the coldpack bag in your insulin carry bag with a Spongebob SquarePants lunch box coldpack. Hey, it still works.
- Replace your insulin carry bag with one made out of glow-in-the-dark duct tape. (I can find it now and its still pretty waterproof. I’m gonna make one for my test kit, too.)
- Buy a funky knife so your cucumber slices are ziggy zaggy, not straight sliced. (food is allowed to look fun no matter how it tastes) Next week advance to rose radishes.
- Buy character/holiday zip loc bags for snacks in your lunch.
- Get some white lunch bags instead of brown and give them to friends to decorate for you.
- Collage your food/blood sugar journal with all your favorite things – write quotes on random pages inside that you’ll find later and smile about. Invite friends to write stuff and give you pictures, too. Scotch tape them in.
- Take your picture – and make a WANTED Poster. Make a list of what you are wanted for? Make it silly and joyful. (I also photo shopped my picture a bit – boy am I a hot blonde!) What would someone get for turning you in?
OK - what can you come up with? I could go on forever (I’m that kinda girl) but I want to hear your silly ideas!
Let’s be joyful today.