Toujeo wears off?

Eric,you understand that toujeo and novolog are not interchangeable right? You’d still need to take novolog even if you’re taking toujeo— one is a rapid and one is long acting— they serve different purposes and one wouldn’t replace the other— or maybe I’m not understanding your last comment correctly…

Unless /until you are on a pump, then novolog might be able to also serve the role of toujeo or any other long acting if it’s continuously being trickled in by the pump

after looking it up i found it out. i told her for now i want to stay on Novolog. till I’m get on my pump. my bg is doing better with novolog. so i see no need to switch. & no yours understanding it correctly.

So it sounds like maybe she is suggesting that you add toujeo and continue using the novolog? I’m confused by u mentioning “switching” between them because one wouldn’t normally be used to replace the other but they are often used together

true she is just suggesting that i add it. but i see no need to. my bg is doing better on novolog. so i see no need to add it when i’m doing better on one.

I see. I went for quite some time without long acting after things were brought under control too. Just curious-- what is attractive about a pump to you if you don’t require any long acting or basal at this time and you’re doing well without one? Are you currently using plain novolog or novolog 70/30 ?

for the pump something to help me manage my diabetes. & for now i’m doing well without it. i do ues Short-Acting Insulin. i find out what works & don’t work for me. more then my endo do.

PK Is Pharmacokinetic = how the body effects absorption and elimination of a drug
Pd is Pharmacodynamic is how the Drug effects the body I.e. Lowers the glucose level

Thank-you, @RDP. Sometimes the jargon and the acronyms can hide meaning. Appreciate the explanation.

Hi Brian
I am new to taking insulin. I was placed on Lantus and 1 unit of Humalog when my BG is 200 and above. After 1 week, my doctor switched me to Troujeo 10 units and then after 1 week to 12 units. I am also taking 4 Mg of Amaryl twice per day. I am concerned that I am taking too much medicine. I was told that the Troujeo would carry me better through the day. I begin in the AM.
I do not notice any difference between taking Troujeo and Lantus except price. Troujeo, I believe costs more.
Can anyone help me with these issues?
Thank you!