Twenty Twelve

A new year. New goals. New plans. And a new A1C result of 10.9%. Yikes! That's not good.

So now I have new resolve go get my diabetes under control and stop the downward trend I've been in the past few years. I'm not going to let it control me, I'm going to control it. Hopefully if I keep blogging here and interacting with others that will help me stay on track.

Welcome to 2012.

Welcome back to you. Looking forward to hearing how you are doing.

The best time to start is always now. Make a plan and charge ahead.

I see you are in Seattle. I live in Bothell and work in Redmond. Would you be interested in meeting up at some point. Maybe grab a bight and a brew? Let me know. I'd love to actually talk some D in real time.

Thank you, Johanna.

Randy, thanks. I have a plan. The plan is to figure out what works for me as the ADA diet and treatment guidelines aren't helping. I've just started reading Dr. Bernstein's book and I have an appointment with a physical therapist so I can get to a point where walking isn't painful. I love hiking and we have so many beautiful places to hike around here I'm sure I could spend a lot of time walking to get in better shape.

I live in Seattle and work in Redmond. Meeting up for some brew and talking to someone is a fantastic idea.