United Healthcare/Golden Rule and Edgepark

Anyone having trouble with United Healthcare suddenly deciding that Edgepark is suddenly out-of-network?

I have Golden Rule insurance, which is owned by United Healthcare and for all intents and purposes the same. When I went on the pod, I was told I had to order pods through Edgepark as they were in-network. I’ve had no problems up until last month - first they told me that my Dexcom supplies (also something Golden Rule told me to get through Edgepark) were out-of-network, now they say my pod reorder is out-of-network. Meaning, I have to pay for them out of pocket.

I’ve called Golden Rule, and they are resubmitting the claims as the customer service rep said as far as she can tell, Edgepark is still in-network. The first time it happened, I figured it was just a mistake. But now it happened again, and I’m wondering what’s going on.

Anyone else having trouble?

Did anyone call you or did they wait until you reorder your supplies? I too have United Healthcare and use Edgepark but I didn’t have any issues on my last order that was shipped the first of July. Have you called Insulet to see if you can order directly with them or if you have to use another 3rd party supplier?

Is it edgepark telling you there is no coverage? I have no end of problems with edgepark. perhaps it is my bad luck but almost all of the csr I have interacted with are not competent. This is what is wrong with our healthcare system Mr President! We should all be able to deal directly with Insulet instead we have to work with a middleman who creates problems and paperwork wasting money!

Sorry a little off topic but this situation with edgepark gets me cranky.

Good luck

I’ve never had any issues with Edgepark; in fact, I’ve started buying as much as I can from them because they’ve been very convenient and helpful.

I have a call in to the Omnipod rep at Edgepark, but she’s out of the office today.

I ordered the pods directly; I’m not on the automatic reorder thing because they sent me WAY too many pods last year and I’d just as soon order them when I need them.

I haven’t called Insulet (yet) as I’m going to wait and see if Golden Rule just is having billing issues. I’ve got a call in to Edgepark as well, but the person I want to talk to is out of the office today so I won’t hear anything until tomorrow.

I have Kaiser Permanente and they told me to go to Edgepark to get the omnipod, but Edgepark told me they aren’t contracted with KP anymore. I don’t know if it’s similar to your situation at all, but I am having trouble with them, too.
Hope everything works out for you!!

As a followup, I did talk to EdgePark today. They told me that nothing has changed with their agreement with Golden Rule, and they have no clue why GR is now saying they’re out of network. They’re going to call them and see what they can do to straighten it out.

So now both sides say that everything is hunky-dorey, things are fine, everything is in-network. I hope they’re right, and everything gets straightened out!

I also use Edgepark through United Healthcare. I hope everyone is back on the same page!