Useless company

If you are out of warranty, Im willing to bet that you can get the process started again with your insurance and they would be glad to SELL you a new system....

They charge the balance after they bill your insurance company. My insurance covers 80% of DME, Insulet bills me the rest. I've never had an interruption in supply due to payment issues yet.

Relax. Stress is bad for your BS. You are now in a bad situation to negotiate. Better to wait a few days take a deep breath and send them an email to apologias and try to explain why it gets under your skin. “You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar”
And the best part is that the “old” PDM and Pod’s still work fine.
Ok easy for me to say as I have the new system but having a blocked PDM on Saturday and a blocked PDM , an occlusion and a pod failure on Sunday is maybe a good reason to be patient.

yeah easy for you to say..i have 4 old pods left...4 BOXES of new but no PDM...

knowing that im going to owe $1000 is the part making my blood high....and at this point Insulet owes THOUSANDS of apologies...not me

The 2 ding dongs here are just as useless as the first "customer service" people you get when you call support...

I do think everyone should fill out the Better Business Buereau complaint...easy..and you get confirmation that the complaint was sent to Insulet

How did you get those new pods? My PDM has problems with the keys (blocked) and yesterday I received a new one. The "brokken" PDM has to be send back when I make a pod change. So I am now putting the setup in the new PDM again. Lucky I have a small program to copy them to PDF from the old PDM. That makes it a bit easier. Good luck with your adventure in getting a new PDM.

My pods come through Medco, not insulet...received 4 boxes of the new ones 2 weeks ago. Upon thinking of a new way to get a PDM (since its obvious insulet isn't going to send one) I inquired through a few distributors about buying one , and it seems like even if I want to do that, Insulet will BLOCK it, saying that I am existing. I dont see how its any of insulet's business what I buy through a distributor...

I am in Quebec. My son is on the pod. It is great. We are SO happy we started with it. such a wonderful change for us. We have a helpful customer service rep here in Montreal and a nurse employed by them for technical help whom we have never needed to contact. I cringe when I hear about all the people with so many problems dealing with Insulet in the USA. We have no problems of the sort here. The pod is handled by GlaxoSmithKline in Canada, and since we are "pediatric" we don't even deal with them. We always get information, training and support from the amazing staff at the Montreal Children's Hospital. Also, the Quebec government pays for the pod 100%. We were not out of pocket a penny for it and the monthly supply is paid directly by Quebec. We are incredibly lucky. I feel for all you who have to pay out of pocket. As for the old or new pods for your start in June, I am sure it will be "old" ones as Health Canada has yet to approve the new ones. We are happy with them. The PDM is the same anyway from what I understand, just the new pod is smaller. I think you can work out a payment and order arrangement with GSK/Omnipod that suits you. I order roughly monthly, so they are billing the province monthly. Where are you in the Great White North? Are you getting training and support @ your hospital? I feel very lucky to be Canadian when it comes to health care. I have 2 T1D kids, and an open heart surgery on the schedule in July for a 3rd child. I don't know how we'd manage without socialized medicine. Good luck with the pod. You will be very happy!

True. I was blocked at a distributor. However, I called back and asked what would have happened if I lied and said I was a newbie. I was told that they would have shipped a UST400 out. If you are out of warranty and willing to speak fictionally (how's that for a friendly euphemism), you should call your insurance company and find another distributor who is in your insurance network. Good luck.

Strange but in Holland it is a NLT450.