What a beautiful creation

So this pic popped up on Twitter last week. @MarieB what is the story behind it?

GORGEOUS!

2 Likes

It’s painful for me to reflect on this quilt, titled “The Word in Your Hand Quilt”. If you search for that title here, you’ll find a few topics from 2011, when I made it. Here’s one that explains a lot of it, and also shows the video of Manny opening the box when I sent it out

1 Like

Caleb’s in there somewhere, but I can’t find him at the moment and I don’t remember his word!

I like the “thumbs up!”

Caleb’s was the first I made. His word was “OW”, which is brilliant. Lo, do you remember sending me outlines of your 3 kids’ handprints, which I used for most of the hand appliques?

1 Like

It’s all coming back to me! Yes - I thought I did all kids and then couldn’t figure out why since only Caleb had a “square.” So this is a NEW quilt?? I did not realize you made more than one!

no, this is the only quilt. (well, Bradford asked if I would make a single replica of his block, which I did for him). I think Caleb’s is under your former profile name @colcalli. sorry I no longer have the pictures.

Oh - the first “square.” I thought you meant the first quilt - I get it now!!! I was embarrassed I missed the release of a completely separate creation. lol

1 Like