What are you all using for analysis software?

I know that the site cant endorse anything, so Ill just put that in so they don't have to. But, what do you use for analysis software and what do you recommend? I feel like I haven't found anything 'good.' The ultimate goal would be to find something with predictive statistics...although, I know that doesn't exist. I might be looking for too much analysis, but I would like something that pulls out the data where I'm doing basal and bolus testing, so I can compare. Does anything like that exist?

Do you have a Minimed? I just use the Carelink upload software. I know it's not super analytical, but it helps me identify trends by time periods, especially if my numbers have been off recently. If you don't have the USB upload device, you can buy one at minimed.com, or your diabetes educator might have an extra one.

He doesn’t look very happy after discovering he hasn’t got diabetes.
I just use the graphs my BG meter displays when it’s plugged into a PC.

I use the web-based site, Diasend @ diasend.com.

I use CareLink to analyze my pump data (history). I also have a MM530 pump and CGM that does a pretty good job predicting high and low BG events shortly before they happen. This gives me extra time to correct before my BG drifts outside of my pumps Hi or Lo target range. This does not stop me from having high or low BG but it certainly reduces the severity.

Thanks, everybody.

LOL. He prob shouldn't have injected it into his veins.

I just found the "My Diabetes" App by Rossen Barbanov in google android market. It imports spreadsheets, calculates insulin on board, and gives several statistics including standard deviations. You program it with your ratios and sensitivity. Gets updates too. I like it, but only used it a couple days so far.

1 Like

I am the founder of the Glucosurfer project. From the analysis tools we offer I find the following most valuable:

The AGP diagram shows the hours of the day with the highest volatility. It reminds me of developments I was not aware of - like a higher frequency of dawn phenomenon. It puts the finger where it hurts but in a very inoffensive way.

The trend shows how the relation of the BG categories very high, high, normal and low have developed from month to month. It acts as an early warning tool and does that sooner as the A1c blood test. It can also pat you on your shoulder for recent improvements.

Of course our apps show the IOB, calculate dosages and so forth. Their main focus are people on MDI. It has no fancy monster to offer. Perhaps it is a bit sterile but we wanted it as neutral as possible. Our color scheme is sometimes a bit annoying but at least it can be analyzed by people with color blindness (I hope the term is appropriate).

1 Like

I mostly use my brain and the little bags of Jellybeans and Smarties I carry around. If I eat too many of them, I turn my pump down. If my BG runs high (I have pretty tight standards...) for a couple of days in a row, I'll consider turning my pump up. I like the Medtronic Carelink software too but am super lazy about using it.

I was talking about it with one of my online buddies the other evening and he suggested that it's not so much the device as what you do with it.

1 Like

That sounds right up my alley!