What BS will you go to bed with?

As others have said, I aim for 135-140 because Lantus can drop me anywhere from 20-70 points. I don’t know why but for four years Lantus was a dream, I would get easy 30 point drops night after night. Now its like I’m taking a different drug.

I don’t even test before bed. It’s not like I’m going to go run around the block a few times.

Testing before bed is very important for people with type 1 diabetes, as nighttime lows are very dangerous. Our blood sugars can change quickly without food or exercise and people with type 1 diabetes tend to face lows much more frequently.

I am on the pump. My endo and I are tweaking my basals and my overnight is not quite right. Last night I went to bed at 170, woke up at 58. And I was only in bed for 6 hours.

I shoot for 90mg/dl. If I get a bit spooked, Ill shoot for 100-110. Also, if I think its needed, Ill have a snack with a small amount of carbs and a good amount of fat in it. The fat will give me 8+ hours of minimal sustainability.

In the end, I think its relative to the persons mean BG though.

I go for 90-100 in the perfect world, but in reality I deal with it anywhere.

I too cannot figure out the connection… I can go to bed at 90 and wake up at 130 go to bed at 140 and wake up at 105. I have figured out that all I have to do to have good morning blood sugar is ride bike or run/walk for 10 minutes before bed and my blood sugar will be under 110. If I miss my 10 min exercise at night then I’m usually 120-140 in the morning so a big difference for just taking 10 minutes out of my night.

Back in the 1960s when I had been diagnosed several years and all you could do was Clintest and then one day pee on a piece of yellow tape and compare colors…I ate about a quart of ice cream every night before I went to bed. It only took 1-2 hypos during the night for my parents and I to decide to pick up that habit.

I think the 140 suggestion is now outdated…