What did you eat for breakfast today?

I struggle with breakfast…I despise protein rich breakfasts and cannot handle carbs first thing blood sugar wise…so I usually just skip it and have a coffee :coffee:

Today I had eggs and a glass of cashew milk. That’s usually a typical breakfast for me unless I have to be out the door quickly.

Chia pudding with 1/4 cup almonds, a few strawberries, decaf coffee and 3 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links.

2 Likes

I don’t eat breakfast until noon but I usually eat a Starbucks sausage, egg, and cheddar cheese English muffin sandwich, except I discard 3/4 of the muffin. I also get a 16-ounce house coffee with an ounce or two of heavy cream.

Coffee…and cigarettes.

3 Likes

Nothing. Since starting Victoza, I am not eating a whole lot.

I had chia pudding with blueberries. I’ve also been adding a scoop of protein powder to this lately, because I started a rigorous exercise program and want the extra protein. And of course coffee – something like a POT of coffee! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have gravitated away from eating an actual “breakfast,” other than fish oil supplement and heavy cream for my coffee (at 5:30am or so). So…that means my “breakfast” is a couple hundred calories worth of fats. I usually have some mixed nuts and a Kirkland protein bar (4g of digestible carbohydrate) around 10:00am. First real “meal” of the day is at lunch.

I have similar issues: don’t deal with carbs well early in the morning, and eating a heavy fat/protein breakfast (beyond the cream in my coffee) just isn’t appealing.

I’m vegan so breakfast is usually 20oz coffee with about 7oz of unsweetened almond milk and about a tablespoon of unsweetened almond milk creamer. Once in a while, I will add one scoop vanilla VeganSmart shake. Other times, I switch it up and do one packet of Zuma Juice in about 9oz of water and ice. On some occasions, I hit Subway and get an all veggie chopped salad with only red wine vinegar and yellow mustard as a dressing. None of these option affect my BG more than a few points that do not require correction. The VeganSmart shake has a slightly higher impact but is usually corrected via the previous night dose of Toujeo.

My most frequent breakfast is two eggs with 10 oz of stevia-sweetened cocoa. That’s the most carbs I can handle at breakfast and even with that, I have to make sure my BG is at a good level before I eat. But because my total cholesterol and LDL were so high several months ago, I started trying to cut the eggs breakfast down to no more than two or three times a week. My substitutions have been:

1. A stevia-sweetened “dessert” I came up with. One serving gives me as much protein as three eggs, but with a lot less dietary cholesterol. And it has fewer carbs than my usual cocoa, to boot.
    Cocoa-Peanut Butter Gelatin Dessert

2. A lettuce-based salad with a lot of other veggies, topped with tinned herring or sardines or mackerel and served with a homemade highly seasoned wine vinegar and olive oil dressing. I often combine this with my stevia-sweetened cocoa. I usually try to have some leftover lettuce based salad from the night before so I don’t have to start fussing with salad veggies in the morning.

I had an unusually large breakfast today:

• coffee with cream
  • low carb apple cinnamon cake (almond flour)
  • 3 egg yolks - remainder from my youngest daughter who only eats the white
  • 1 small ground pork patty stuffed with cheese (leftover from my daughters’ school lunch prepared this morning).

3 units humalog, then 2 units adjustment 2 hours later to catch the delayed rise. Currently sitting in 80s blood sugar.

What brand of protein powder do you use? I’d like to find a plant based powder that doesn’t have any kind of sweetener. Thanks for any recommendation

One big ■■■ bowl of oat meal. Sometimes with turkey bacon. Small cooked bits. Sometimes diced tomato and vinegar. Might add beans.

Coffee, then an hour later a breakfast burrito, bacon, egg and cheese. If I pre dose right, I only get a small bump in bg

I wish I could handle oatmeal in the morning. I really miss it (and cereal). Chia pudding is okay, but it’s just not the same. I tried making a mix of a fourth of a cup of unsweetened shredded coconut, a fourth of a cup of hemp seeds, two tablespoons of chia seeds, cinnamon, and stevia, and it was not the same either. I added in about two tablespoons of steel cut oats to the mixture and that made it much better. But even with that small amount of oats and prebolusing insulin, my blood sugar spiked to 10 mmol/L followed by a significant low. I have been trying for years to make oatmeal work and it (or any carbohydrates) just don’t.

As usual, coffee, 2 eggs and a piece of cinnamon raisin toast with butter. … then ~10mins later a 4u (small) Afrezza capsule.

2 Likes

I have the instant 100 calorie maple and brown sugar oatmeal made by Better Oats. I add some walnuts and a few berries. It seems to work best out of all of the other oatmeals and easy to prepare.

I had a cup of coffee, a small egg white pepper, onion omelet, 2 strips bacon, 1 piece buttered toast. Immediately after, I have a very small sliver of cantaloupe, which allows for me being able to swallow my vitamins, supplements, etc.

Overnight oats (made with chia seeds, yogurt, and pumpkin purée), 1/3 grapefruit, and scrambled eggs with sausages.
I usually have a cuppa decaf coffee, skipped it this morning.

BTW, I don’t know about y’all, but the overnight oats combined with a well-timed prebolus, are like a morning miracle for my blood glucose. I always stay under 140, which is miraculous for me!

1 Like

Yes. We find the morning “well-timed prebolus” to be extremely effective.
Without it - there is a roller coaster in the works.