What do you eat for breakfast?

Lately, I’ve been eating I eat 1 cup of total, 1/8 cup of raisins, 10 peanuts & 1/2 cup of milk.

I eat 32 grams of cereal + 1/2 cup milk, which equals 25 net grams of carb. Based on the cereal’s carb factor, I eat more or less, but always 25 net grams of carb. I have one cup of black coffee, too. If it is a morning when I will exercise, I eat 30 g net carb.

This morning I had 1/2 of a whole wheat english muffin (12 gram carb) a frozen egg patty, and a slice of cheese. I also had about 6 green grapes. It was yummy.

here’s a post with many replies on breakfast

https://forum.tudiabetes.org/topics/what-do-you-eat-for-breakfast

I basically eat the same friggin thing every day. During the week, 3 egg cheese omellete, 1/2 cup oatmeal. On the weekend, 3-4 fried eggs, 2 sausage patties, and a light english muffin drowned in butter. Eatting the same thing virtually guarantees consistency. I have enough trouble with aliens driving my blood sugar in different directions. I leave my variety for dinner.

ps. Technically, this is for my 2nd breakfast, for first breakfast I have a protein shake.

Basically an Egg Mcmuffin w/coffee…I am a creature of habit…30 carb grams which I am allowed

Wow, I don’t know how people manage to eat so little at breakfast. I’m invariably starting when I wake up, so I usually scarf down about 120g museli (no added sugar stuff) with milk, which is about 90g carbs. I bolus about 8 units and my BG is usually fine 2 hours later. It’s quite fibre-rich, so all those carbs aren’t released too quickly.

I find that eating cereal messes up my sugars for the day so I switched to eating scrambled eggs, toast and tea.

I can’t eat any kind of cereal at all without spiking too high. I tried regular healthy cereals, special high fiber ones, whatever, no good. I usually have huevos mexicanos (eggs scrambled with chilis, onions and tomatoes) one piece of good bread (thick cut whole wheat or rye) and a cappuchino-28 grams. My weekend treats are either vegetarian eggs benedict (over easy eggs, asparagus, tomato, hollandaise sauce on a low carb english muffin…not for those who want to lose weight! Or else omelette with fried potatoes which sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t blood sugar wise.

I have some cheerios (original) and fiber select with a scoop of vanilla protein powder with some coffee (the protein powder goes on the cereal NOT the coffee :). Then a waffle on Saturday before a walk with the wife and the dog.

Wow!!! Way too many fast acting carbs!!

I eat an egg and 1/2 cup low fat yogurt!!!

1 hardboiled egg or few slices of cheese
or 1 small banana.

Always have 1 cup of 2%milk and coffee.
Not a big breakfast eater.

A good hearty one , followed by some speed walking : total carbs 77 : steel cut oatmeal , plain joghurt, both sprinkled with cinnamon , cause I like it and flax seed for my well being, 1 percent milk , small apple , regular coffee with sometimes a dib of the milk from the glass . If CGMS is showing an upward trend , hold off on drinking the milk till after I have done some walking.

1/2 whole wheat muffin with a Tbsp peanut butter and spreadable fruit, plus a cup of special K or cheerios with 2 tbsp raisins or a small banana. Bgs are fine for me with this. i eat it everyday.