What do you think of the new Points Plus?

I haven't really had time to dive into the new Points Plus plan. Though it does go along with my thoughts on free veggies (for most, but not all). I am just not so sure about the "free" fruit.

What do you think about the new plan?

Alicia

The best feature of Points Plus is that it include carbs in the calculations AND in the dietary info it provides on their etools. In the previous plan I had to track the WW points and separately track my carbs. Nevertheless it’s a challenge to manage my carbs ('m on a pump so I’m frequently monitoring them) and WW’s points. Free vegies is good, but not a big change. Free fruit is great for non-diabetics; 4 oz of grapes certainly reduces hunger pangs but it’s 15 carbs. Same situation for other fruits. Overall I preferred WW’s previous program. Ask me in two months: did I lose weight, did my A1C go up or down?

b.

I like the new points plus program! I have lost 17 pounds so far! I feel fuller on this plan…better than before on the points plan. I like that fruit is 0 points! I was a little surprised to see how some points went up on the new points plus. But, you are given more points each day and extra points for the week! So, I guess it all works out anyway! Overall, I am liking it! Can’t wait to get my next A1C. I also recently started Symlin also. That really makes me feel full after eating. I am not craving food like before!

Nope, it isn’t free fruit for us diabetics. If you figure to eat fruits that have less than 15g per serving, you should be alright. Then, load up on vegetables. I’ve made the soup already. Also, for fruits…I eat the Cutie oranges which are so tiny they are probably no more than 5-10 grams per orange.

I’m loving the fact that doing Weight Watchers has improved my blood sugars immensely!!!

So far I like the new plan, and I like that carbs are included in the calcs. Even though I have Type 1, I do fit fruit into my meals. We shall see, the proof will be if I actually lose the 10 pounds I gained with menopause! On the old plan, I was allowed so few points, it was just painful and not doable. On this plan, I am not using all of my points. Basically, by being accountable and tracking (I use etools and the iPhone app) I have really gotten my blood sugar in better control. That is so worth it.