What food(s) do you have an ADDICTION TO?

Tom,

There’s also coconut flour that’s lighter than almond flour & low carb. I’ve found that a combo of flours works well for some recipes. Coconut flour absorbs liquid quickly so additional liquid needs to be added.

oh yeah - nachos. With a big ice cold diet pepsi. Omelets. Bacon. Barbeque ribs. Shrimp wth lobster sauce. Thai egg rolls.

Tomato…anything tomato. Salsa, spagehtti sauce, fresh tomato with motzorella and balsamic vinagrette, roasted tomatos, tomato and corn relish. If I don’t get my tomato fix any other way, ketchup will do…the tomato’s best friends are onions, garlic, and basil and I like them too! Martha Stewart made a fresh tomato pie last season - yum. We also have a farm butcher up the street who cuts the perfect Delmonico Steak and the slab bacon, ohh. I know these things are OK in moderation but can’t stop once I’ve started. I have to stop now and wipe the drool off my chin, thanks for asking.

P.S. the Da Vinchi sugarless German Chocolate Cake syrup is what I use in my coffee.

I have a serious addiction to nuts…preferably macadamia nuts. I know nuts are good for you to a degree, but not when you eat about 1500 calories worth at a time! I don’t keep them in the house anymore and every weekend I allow myself to buy a 1-2 serving bag. Speaking of…:wink:

give up wings? not on your life! as long as they are not breaded you should have no problem. as for nachos, in moderation they should be fine. I’m on 3 meals of 30-45 carbs each plus 2 snacks of 15-30 and have pretty good control so far. I have given up my bag of doritos, but i enjoy a good real nacho from time to time, in moderation.

i have given up most potato based food, i had fries the other day and went high. Gotta love a good sugar migraine. i miss candy, and cookies. that sugar free candy just doesn’t cut it. BTW, unless you need a good BM don’t down a whole bag of “sugar free” jelly Bellies, the some of the sugar alcohols turn to sugar while what doesn’t, gets to ferment in your digestive tract and pushes through extra fast.

try the deVinca syrups…I tried the blueberry…its great on pancakes…

look under Nuts on the web for a store that sells almond flour. Also check out the low carb sites for rec. Its called Nuts online…great things.

Mmmmm. I have to look right now. Thanks!

They’re not as thick as sugary syrups, but good flavors. You can make all the snow cones your heart desires!

JUst purchased a few bottles. Thanks for the info!

Okay I have a huge and I mean huge addiction to fettachinni alfredo with chicken which makes it kinda good lol but I only do it once a month or two now just to keep my A1C happy.

also I am in love with cheesecake dear God you have no clue but once again I save that for big occasions ( trying to come up with more big occasions ) he he

Med,

Tons of low carb cheesecake recipes on-line. Not low calorie, but very low carb. Cheesecake is the easiest to translate into low carb. Just use another sweetener for sugar & almond meal mixed with melted butter for the crust. It’s just as sinfully rich & about 7 carbs per slice, a good sized slice, not a sliver.

Use liquid Splenda (zero carbs) because the granular Splenda has carbs.

What flavors?

MEATLOAF!!!

oh, and cookies aren’t too bad

And cheesecake

and coke (still can’t make it work though :frowning: )

Chips aren’t too bad…

Yeah, i’m a teenager!! (and i’ve had the D for 13 years. Really shows doesn’t it? jk)

OMG!! you have just made my my life!!! any sites in particular with good recipes?? I would do anything for a slice of cheesecake heaven!!

Oh this is so sweet I might need a bolus " so to speak " lol

I was looking the other day at the coffee syrups at WF but they were all sugary. I’ll look into your suggestions Gerri Thanks!

And the peas turn you into the Green Diabetic Giant! :slight_smile:

This one is from lowcarbfriends.com & is awesome! I changed the crust. Very rich!

Cheesecake

Crust:
1.5-2 cups almond meal or almond flour
3 TBS melted butter

Mix together & press into bottom of a springform pan.

Preheat oven to 325.

Filling:

1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
Equivalent of 1 1/3 cups sugar (I use Fiberfit liquid Splenda 2 TBS plus 2 tsps–zero carbs)
5 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla (I use more vanilla)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
16 ounces sour cream

Cream cheese & eggs should be at room temperature before you start.

Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process. Add the sugar substitute a little at a time and continue beating until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg. When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese, add vanilla and lemon juice, Add the sour cream last until just blended in.

Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree oven for one hour and 15 minutes. If you want a cheesecake with a less brown top, put on the next rack down.

Don’t open the oven while baking to prevent top from cracking.

When time is up, turn off the oven & open the oven door. Leave in oven for one hour. After one hour, remove from oven. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake also, so if it shrinks while cooling it will not crack at that time either. Let cool to just about room temperature before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.

Make sure you wait the 24 hours. A cheesecake should season. The flavor ripens.

Sometimes the top cracks. Sometimes it doesn’t. If it cracks, I put thinly sliced almonds on the top after it cools. Looks pretty.

Using no carb liquid Splenda (I order Fiberfit from netrition.com), it’s 5 carbs per serving for 16 slices. If you use granular Splenda it’s about 8 carbs per slice.

Enjoy!

peanut butter cookies, tomatoes from the garden, avacados.

Pizza and Chinese.