What Fresh Hell is This?!?

I just had to thank you for the Dorothy Parker quote. It’s one of my favorite sayings. :wink:

She’s a treasure, but I wasn’t aware of its origins. We say this all the time in the South, but then again, I was a small child when she passed away and the phrase had no doubt moved into general use due to its perfectly brilliant sarcasm – her hallmark. Thanks for clueing me in. ;0)

Thanks, but if I do a quick in and out – the insulin comes right back out again. If I inject 20, I’ll get nine or ten right back out again. Maybe it’s because of my larger doses?

I missed it–what is the Dorothy Parker quote?

The headline of my blog post: “What fresh hell is this?” I guess its a quip she made about the telephone.

Another favorite:

“I don’t care what is written about me so long as it isn’t true.”
— Dorothy Parker

Thanks, Jean. (I feel a wee bit stupid. I’m even a member of the Poetry Group!) When my parents got their first telephone, my mother called it an invention of the devil. I wonder what either my mom or Dorothy Parker would have thought of cell phones.

I think Parker would have loved the Internet–it’s just suited to her pithy remarks. :wink:

Speaking of pithy:

“Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.”

She’s so funny.

Love Dove. (by Trudy)