What Heaven Looks Like in a Nor’Easter

I was lucky and our power only went out for about 6 ½ hours. I know other people are still waiting for theirs to come back on. It went out about 12:30 yesterday afternoon and about 5:30, I saw several Penelec trucks pull up. These guys look like Angels when you are sitting without power, the sun is going down and it is getting colder than you already are. They were working at an electric pole near where I live for about a half hour. It was about 7:05 when the lights finally came back on. According to the paper today, my town had 8.5 inches. We weren’t supposed to get hit with this storm!

Penelec trucks in Nor'Easter

Penelec workers with wires in Nor'Easter
My neighbors little girl didn’t seem to mind the cold.

Little girl sitting in snow

Wow, Kelly, impressive! We only got a couple of inches here in N DE, thank goodess! Glad it didn’t take too long for you to get your power back. My family in N NJ are still out!

Hopefully your family doesn’t have to go too much longer Jrtpup. I know we were lucky. One of my neighbors said he told them, “I have kids.” I thought you and a million other people without power!

Judith, I thought I had a feeling when my power went out that you lost power also! Everyone should share in the fun, right!

LAST week I was in a blue funk. Should I move back to MA? Glad I didn’t they got hammered with 14 inches of SNOW and power outages. I guess I will stay in Florida. reed

Yes, stay in Florida! Better yet come to Perth where the climate is just purrfect.

Hi Kelly. So glad your power went back on. I worry about my insulin more than anything else when that happens, not the heat or cooking dinner or the freezer defrosting – my insulin! Our weather is way too cold so soon, but no snow yet, meaning not a bad Halloween night here.

Seagator, you could move back to MA for April thru Oct and back to Florida for the winter.

Pastelpainter, Florida has hurricanes and alligators though! I am not sure where Perth is so I will have to Google that.

Trudy if the power had stayed off too much longer, I would have started worrying about my insulin - especially since I just got a new stash and those Apidra pens are like gold right now!