Yay for Progress!

I just got my results of my latest Hemoglobin A1c test. It went down from 11.5 to 7.7. I am happy to see the number is much lower and I am trying to not be disappointed. If you have read any of my other blogs you know how crazy I am to have a baby. Well this number was not quite as low as I was told I need to be before I can start trying for a baby. I need to hit a 7.3 or lower and then my endo will give me her ok to get off the pill and start with the baby making! Oh well I have three more months to work on it and try to get as healthy as possible. It is just so frustrating you know when you try so hard and then get sooo close…but not close enough. It just seems like everything I try to do backfires. I mean I started the glipizide so my bgs would go down but at the same time it made me gain 20lbs. I am just not very happy with my body right now! I guess I just need to be positive. I should be proud that I was able to lower my A1c this much in just 4 months. So I will just try to focus on the positive and work a little harder on my goal.

Congrats! That’s a drastic improvement and you are well on your way! You can do it!