Personal A1C Victory!

I went to the Endo back on May 27th and got my A1C done. It was horrible. It twer a 9.8, and I felt like poo poo. Well after a full month of 10 a day fingersticks and CGMS, and watching like a hawk, Im glad to report that my average BG over the past 3 weeks has been 85, hence that would work out to a 5.8 HbA1C!!! Its working, Its really really working!!! I have gained a ton of info from here, and I actually engaged my endo in fruitful conversation during our meeting (rather than the usual “You need to watch your diet” dialog). After some minor pump tweaks I think we are on a good track. The doc agrees.

So all in all I want to say thank you to everyone here for your help and support!

That’s great! Keep up the good work!!!

Thats awesome Solo. I bet your looking forward to your next blood work. Keep up the great work.

Thank you all! Its a lot easier than I was making it out to be. And Bubbaluv, I never look forward to blood work…It just plain sucks. Plus the phlebotomy people here couldn’t draw blood out of a blood bank!!

Congratulations on seeing that there is a reason for all that effort! Hope you are feeling better and gaining energy. Keep it going!

True, ok maybe you wont dread it this time? :wink:

True, I agree with that !

You are an inspiration !

OMG I am so excited for you!! congrats!! it is like good news month for you the pump approval then the job now this wow you are doing great!! congrats my friend!! keep it up!!

Good for you. I know for me this site and another (juvenation) has helped me. My last a1c was 5.7 after a dx. a1c of 13.8. It took about a year and a half on MDI. Good Luck, I know you can do it!!!

Again thank you all. It has been so good to have this improvement. It just makes me feel good to see a reward for my hard work. Makes it all worthwhile.

Congrats! You will cut your A1C in half when the 3 months is up. I did the same thing: 9.2 at diagnosis, did my low carb diet/Met, down to 4.9 three months later! It can be done! Pat your self on the back!

Well if you ever need anything at all, that’s what all of us are here for!

Awesome accomplishment. Keep it up!