You know you're a diabetic when

You know you’re a diabetic when after finding test strips all over your house you find one outside or in the super market and you feel obligated to pick it up!

You know you are d when:

you hear people talk about starting a diet on Monday and you wonder what it would be like to get to start and stop watching what you eat or take care of yourself.

1 Like

You know you’re a LONG-TIME diabetic when you find a used test strip in your sewing box, which you haven’t opened for years! :slight_smile:

...you get accused of using steroids, because someone saw you shooting up.

or...when you know that insulin actually IS (ab)used by bodybuilders in an effort to bulk up, and you've got friends offering you top dollar for it, but you refuse to part with even one vial, not so much because it's illegal, but because you'll die if you run out, and even tho you have a little bit stockpiled, you just can't take that chance.
1 Like

LOL

You know you are a diabetic when your five year old tells daddy “don’t drink/eat that, that is for mommy’s blood sugar”.

1 Like

This is funny. You know you’re a diabetic when you suddenly start screaming at your kids, for no reason, and you don’t realise you are LOW

1 Like

Someone may have already said this, and I know this is an old post… but this is the one that always happens to me!

You know you’re diabetic when you say, “Ugh, I’m high.” in public and don’t think twice about what other people are thinking about it.

haha! that happened to me to, well actually I got up to go to the bathroom and my mum said very loudly “are you high???” :slight_smile:

I just came to think of one more… You know you’re diabetic when you steal little packets of Canderel from coffee bars when the barista’s not looking, so you can use them in other coffee bars that only have sugar.

I do love my coffee, when I was diagnosed I thought oh well so I can’t eat much of chocolate or cakes or whatever but don’t take my cappucino away from me!! :slight_smile: So I’ve now mapped out which coffee bars only have sugar and which ones that have artificial sweeteners (Natreen or Canderel).

You know you’re diabetic when you get upset at the waitress/management when they tell you they don’t carry sweeteners.
(What the heck is THAT all about, considering the ENORMOUS amout of people living with diabetes…never mind those using sweeteners as a calorie reducer!!)

You know your diabetic when your a 911 call operator talking to someone who is not making any sense with answers to questions, and rather than jumping to the common conclusion they must be drunk, your first thought is I wonder if they are diabetic and what their BG level is. Turns out I was correct. Just didn’t sound like another drunk to me…not sure what it was about them, fellow diabetic gut instinct maybe?

GSP…Glucose Sensory Powers :slight_smile:

Wonder how much BS rise he would be! Lol

I reserve my pinkies and ring fingers for sticks. (just those four fingers) It looks like I dipped the ends in pepper with all the little black marks.

Seriously, at the big box stores look for a small insulated food container (cooler) that uses the car battery for hearing or cooling. Its great for travel and has an adapter for 110V standard outlets.

You know you are diabetic when you get stopped at customs with syringes in your bag and they let you carry them on the plane

you cut yourself in the garage and your first reaction is to test the blood…

-HAHA

• HAVE AN EXTREMELY LOW BS AND YOU PUT ON YOUR SHIRT WITH A BELT AS PANTS AND DONT REALIZE IT TILL YOUR BROTHER LAUGHS AT YOU AND GIVES YOU JUICE.

• CAN ONLY SWIM FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME SO THE IV GLUE DOESN’T WEAR OFF AND LOOSE YOUR TUBE.

• LOOK IN THE FRIDGE AND FEEL RICH (SECURITY) WHEN YOU HAVE A TON OF INSULIN BOTTLES.

• LAUGH AT PEOPLE THAT BIT** ABOUT GIVING BLOOD.

• FEEL LIKE A HUMAN PIN CUSION.

• HAVE BIRTHDAY CARROT.

• HAVE PEOPLE NOT THREATEN TO FIGHT YOU, BUT THREATEN TO CLAMP YOUR PUMP CHORD.

• HAVE SHAKEY HANDS-ALL THE TIME.

• LAUGH AT HOW MANY SICK DAYS THE GIVE YOU AT WORK.

• WONDER WHERE ALL YOUR VACATION DAYS WENT THEN REALIZE YOU SWITCHED ENDO’S.