11.6 to a 6.7

Amazingly enough, I got my A1C down from a 11.6 to a 6.7, but that was after 3 months of hard work in treatment...I'm almost scared that I am going to be a lifer. And I don't want to be one, but I can't seem to control my sugars unless I am in treatment.

Long story short, I was admitted to Rogers back in August to start treatment for diabulimia. I ended up being there for 3 months. I thought I was leaving a new person, ready to take control of my diabetes, but I am finding that it is beating me again. The diabetes support groups around here and few and far between, and I'm surrounded by lots of people that have no idea what it's like to be dealing with this, and thus not a lot of support.

When I was first diagnosed, I had no idea what diabulimia was (and most people refer to it as an eating disorder not otherwise specified and not diabulimia), but the more I come on here, the more people I see who are suffering from it or know someone who is. I think that it is so important to get the word out about this because it is such a deadly disorder if it is not caught. And that recovery is possible. I may not be living it right now, but I am determined to get there and lead a happy and healthy life. I saw the difference that it made in my life to be healthy and to have my sugars in control, and I will get back there again.

I’m sure you’ll get there too. Take it one day at a time. :wink:

I am in the same boat. You have inspired me to work harder on my hba, I have been slacking these last few days. It is one of the most difficult and dangerous disorders that we face, I think like diabetes it is a lifelong struggle. We can do it and we will.

BTW, great work on the A1c!! Bravo!

You have done a great job on the A1c, and I wish you all the best with the diabulimia. Reach out to others here on TuD that are in your situation…bet you get alot of “real” support and understanding from others that “get it”. Thinking of you sweetheart and please take care of yourself…one step at a time seems to work and dont beat yourself up if you have to start over a few times, I think we all have to with the “D”. xo

Good morning Michelle, read with interest your blog you have done great it is no easy task keeping control but I am sure you will get there eventually best wishes twiddemthumbs

Great post! Hang in there and stay in recovery! You are on a great starting path! Use what you have learned in recovery and when you see your “red flags” identify them quickly and go back to your relapse plan and get back on track. You probably will have setbacks, but just don’t be hard on yourself and get back on track. Use the setbacks as a clue to notice what is going on in your life that’s causing you to fall back into old behaviors. I’ve worked with alot of women and teens with diabulemia and have seen that they have setbacks, but the key is getting back up quickly when you recognize your red flags! Best wishes to you. Dealing with diabetes is a tough job so hang in there!